Hi folks its been a while!

Droneflyer200

I was an avid flyer when I was in my twenties but got married and had kids and sort of drifted away from the Hobby. Two years ago on a lark bought a cheap quad copter and was hooked again instantly. I then Bought a DJI Phantom 3 and love flying it. Mind you there was something missing I really enjoyed the old yank and bank it was just so much fun. So I went online and the first find was Ed at experimental airlines and I built one of his Photon motor gliders took it out and promptly crashed and destroyed it. This was a blow to my ego but I don't give-up easily after all at one time I was one of our local clubs instructors and taught others how to fly .I knew I could do it. Ed mention in his videos Flight Test so I surfed over there and was amazed at all the designs not to mention all the great build videos and tips I decided to build a Tiny Trainer it reminded me of one of my first planes The Mini fledgling an 049 nitro powered plane . There was some trial and error but I got it into the air and come to the conclusion that it flew great mind you i built the sport version with 4 channels and its a little rocket with the F power pack Its very nimble and my non flying brother in-law calls it zippy! That it I'm hooked again and have bought a case of Adams ready board. now flying ft simple cub and FT simple soarer motor glider version. To Bix and Sponz and all you guys at flight test thanks for the inspersion. Oh I for got to mention this old Cannuck is 63.

floydfoxyhair

I was an avid flyer when I was in my twenties but got married and had kids and sort of drifted away from the Hobby. Two years ago on a lark bought a 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 cheap quad copter and was hooked again instantly. I then Bought a DJI Phantom 3 and love flying it. Mind you there was something missing I really enjoyed the old yank and bank it was just so much fun. So I went online and the first find was Ed at experimental airlines and I built one of his Photon motor gliders took it out and promptly crashed and destroyed it. This was a blow to my ego but I don't give-up easily after all at one time I was one of our local clubs instructors and taught others how to fly .I knew I could do it. Ed mention in his videos Flight Test so I surfed over there and was amazed at all the designs not to mention all the great build videos and tips I decided to build a Tiny Trainer it reminded me of one of my first planes The Mini fledgling an 049 nitro powered plane . There was some trial and error but I got it into the air and come to the conclusion that it flew great mind you i built the sport version with 4 channels and its a little rocket with the F power pack Its very nimble and my non flying brother in-law calls it zippy! That it I'm hooked again and have bought a case of Adams ready board. now flying ft simple cub and FT simple soarer motor glider version. To Bix and Sponz and all you guys at flight test thanks for the inspersion. Oh I for got to mention this old Cannuck is 63.

hey drone flyer welcome back , enjoy the forum

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
If I have a family, I hope it doesn't shelve the hobby for me as well - I love the idea of being an RC fan alongside kids. Tried it the other way around with me leading my Dad, but he doesn't leave the house much and only ever flies fixed wing if I'm flying with him. (The only thing he flies solo now is his DJI spark - you get the idea, he's a bit nervous on the sticks).

I'm glad you've returned to the skies and I'm glad it's been super fun for you already. Bet you were glad the Photon glider was just foamboard when it crashed and not three hundred balsa giblets haha! I look forward to seeing what you fly next. :)