Hi from Brisbane Australia!!

Aaronc_89

Aaron Clements
Hi everyone, new to the forums and just wanted to say Hi!

I am in Brisbane, Australia so if there are any other Flite fest fans around here shoot me a PM or email, would be great to build a bit of a community around here,

Also, if you are looking for foam board/core I have just picked up some A0 size boards for $7 each from Oxlades Art Supplies in the valley and it seams to be pretty decent.

Anyway, hope to hear from you all and hope to help out where I can.

cam

Have you ever heard of Boonah? It is about 40 mins from Ipiwsch. And about 1.5 hours from Brisbane.

Last edited:

kacknor

Build another!
Welcome to the forum! Only been here a few months myself. Good information and advise to be found if you have any questions.

NCRC

Hi everyone, new to the forums and just wanted to say Hi!

I am in Brisbane, Australia so if there are any other Flite fest fans around here shoot me a PM or email, would be great to build a bit of a community around here,

Also, if you are looking for foam board/core I have just picked up some A0 size boards for $7 each from Oxlades Art Supplies in the valley and it seams to be pretty decent.

Anyway, hope to hear from you all and hope to help out where I can.

Hi Aaron,
I sent you a PM as i'm also in Brisbane and yeah, the Oxlades foamboard is pretty good value as compared to the Kmart etc stuff.

wattsy29

Hi all

Im in Brisbane also. up Bray park way. Only moved down here not that long ago so just starting to build the hanger again. Starting on the Quads/FPV. Should be fun

Wattsy

Oziboomer

Longest Throw
Hi all,

I'm in Brisbane.

Disclosure - I have a picture framing shop that sells foam boards and I operate Foamboards Australia - but my true passion is more related to things that fly...not so much RC stuff but Boomerangs.

If anyone in Brisbane area wants to pick up offcuts of foam boards please let me know and I can put some aside. I'm sure some of our bi-product could be of use but it isn't viable to ship it out unless you are grabbing boxfuls.

Am more than happy to keep long strips ideally suited to model building if there is a need for guys who can make use of strips rather than laying out a plan on a whole sheet.

That way costs can be kept down and you would be doing the environment a favour.

Best regards,

Ozi

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hi, I am yet another Brisbane resident, builder, and flier who lives on the northern edge of Brisbane.

As for the foamboard I do get my supplies locally at the moment from an Art Supply shop.

If price is right, (including delivery), I would gladly transfer my patronage.

My build list is currently just passing 40 aircraft with the majority being "Gifted" to others after a rough flying career.

I fly inside the city limits at a reasonably large field which has no real amenities but the grass is regularly mowed and the field is almost perfectly flat.

I will watch this thread.

Bob