Hi from Colorado

Tronglodon

Hi there. I'm a newb getting in to flying rc in my 30s after being fascinated with it as a kid. When I was a kid my dad would take me to watch the planes flying at the model airfield in Southern California that Flite Test visited on their CA trip. Since the cost of entry is so much lower now than it was then, my 6 year old kid gets to fly planes instead of just watching them. So far we've built the FT Flyer, Delta and Simple Soarer.

image.jpg

The bike innertube with a rope tied to it is our very handy plane retrieval tool.

image.jpg

After a few crashes and repairs we discovered the one sort of crash these planes can't really survive.

image.jpg

My kiddo was pretty broken up at the demise of the Flyer so to cheer him up we stopped at $tree on the way home and picked up a stack of new planes.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Welcome! It's great that you and your son are in this hobby. :D
Colorado people aren't all that common on this forum.

lonewolf7717

Welcome! It's great that you and your son are in this hobby. :D
Colorado people aren't all that common on this forum.
For as much as i love this hobby, if in CO.....rc planes would be about the last thing on my mind....there's mountains to be scaled, camping to be done and 4wheelin to my hearts content. ( Spoken just like a true Texan that has seen far too much flat land in his lifetime)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I have to disagree. I picture some awesome mountain flying and just think of the views you can get with a camera strapped on!
Then four wheeling, mountain biking and camping...it's going to be a long trip!

Tronglodon

Thanks for the welcome. I live about 100 miles east of Denver way out on the plains, no mountains, no nature, just corn. I'm still looking for good places to fly too. So far I've just been flying at parks with my son, but I've heard of a group that flies at a nearby farm.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
The views... I'm going to strap my Gopro to my Zagi and go fly it around the Loveland pass area. Great great views.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
If there is a group flying near you and as how you live out in the country just keep asking every one if they know some one who flies that you can get in touch with and country people are willing to help more so than those in the big cities. Also if you have a local radio station call the office and ask them. they may even have a tradio program where you call in with things you want to sell or are looking for and just ask for help there. I moved from Ft. Collins 14 yrs. ago after living all over colorado for 50 yrs.