Hi i am new to any forum

bracesport

Legendary member
the 'open' part of OTX (open TX) is very powerful, or very simple, depending on your taste and you can assign the Rx setups any way you like - Correct me if I am wrong, but the normally the Tx decides on the channel order?

In OTX you can choose your preference for the stick channels.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 6.19.55 PM.png

FDS

Elite member
That is why I prefer OTX radios, once you get your head around the workflow, the possibilities are almost endless. I can tune anything I want, fly any pre built plane or receiver protocol I like, fly any quad I want AND have a module bay for long range, all for less than a locked, channel limited system from another manufacturer.
The simple plane set up can be just that, 6 channels, no extras. That part is certainly no more difficult than setting up a pre programmed radio. You can get dialled in and flying just as fast, it sets up your main controls for you just like regular radios. Then you still have all the mad additional power and total flexibility right there.
Now multi protocol has matured the question is not why you would buy it buy why WOULDN’T you buy it vs locked systems!
Frsky are moving to a locked system with Access, despite still having OpenTX on the radio, that’s the genius of Jumpers approach, it has the best of both worlds.
The only hang up is that steeper initial learning curve. I believe the rewards in terms of the above flexibility were worth the greater difficulty in working out stuff. The only hard part I had with OTX was trying to get SAFE working with it. I only had the one plane with it on, the rest were easy.