Help! Hi, I am new to this hobby and I am a little bit confused with why I am not able to use my transmitter with my Simulator

yoda_de_great

Hello

I am new to this hobby and so before I start flying I want to try some simulators.

I am trying to make a RC aero plane for my school project and that is how I am in to this hobby.

So I installed this free simulator called Phoenix RC v5.5g and I am trying to connect my DX8 transmitter using the spmws2000 wireless dongle. I have a windows 10 OS. For some reason the simulator is not able to able to find the USB. I have binded the dongle to my transmitter a DX8 as it has a stable orange light so it should be something wrong with the simulator and it connecting to the dongle, if any of you have any ideas why the simulator is not able to read the dongle please get back to me.
This is the screen I am receiving.
1604346432867.png

If any of you know, please tell me how I can fix this error.

Thank you

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
Phoenix didn't have any right protection on the software, so what they did is require a proprietary USB adapter. Unless you have their USB plug, or one of the knockoffs designed to mimic it, you won't be able to connect.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
The Spektrum transmitters uses a 35mm jack plug lead, identical to the one used with a buddy box setup. Plug one of those into the dongle the other into the transmitter trainer port and you should be good to go. Dont switch on your transmitter just plug the lead in as you would if you where the buddy box and use a blank channel on the transmitter with no plane setup.
I use my DX6i on the Phoenix flight sim it works fine. I have also used a Futaba Tx (different lead connection to the transmitter) and my new Radiomaster Tx (thats a 35mm jack plug too) and they all work fine. The Radiomaster TX16s needed some settings changing on the transmitter but it was simple enough.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
you can get the dongle on amazon. i use my dx8 with phoenix no problems.

i know it say Flysky but it will work with your dx8.

LINKY

good luck,

me :cool:

Lord of the planes

Hello

I am new to this hobby and so before I start flying I want to try some simulators.

I am trying to make a RC aero plane for my school project and that is how I am in to this hobby.

So I installed this free simulator called Phoenix RC v5.5g and I am trying to connect my DX8 transmitter using the spmws2000 wireless dongle. I have a windows 10 OS. For some reason the simulator is not able to able to find the USB. I have binded the dongle to my transmitter a DX8 as it has a stable orange light so it should be something wrong with the simulator and it connecting to the dongle, if any of you have any ideas why the simulator is not able to read the dongle please get back to me.
This is the screen I am receiving.
View attachment 182299
If any of you know, please tell me how I can fix this error.

Thank you
Welcome to the forums....though I‘m not really in the right place to say that as I’ve been on hear for 3 weeks

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I bought mine off Ebay came from China: Included the dongle, leads and a disc with Phoenix and Real flight sim (which I could'nt get to work), it cost me around £10 GBP. I downloaded the latest update version, think it was Phoenix 5.5 G or H. Good fun when the weather is too nasty for the real thing. plus I can practice 3D without wrecking a real plane.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Welcome to the forums....though I‘m not really in the right place to say that as I’ve been on hear for 3 weeks
Welcome I am new to the Forum myself but have been involved in model planes of various types (Free flight, Control line, Gliders and RC planes) for years. Its a great hobbly and the Flite Test planes are a great place to start. I got my son ito flying RC planes last year, since then he's built a Tiny Trainer 4ch version. Now flies it like he owns it doing loops, rolls, inverted the lot.
Its a brilliant hobby and once you get into it, you will be addicted. Just remeber that crashes are part of the fun, everyone does it at some point just dont make a habit of it ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can use a 2.5 mm MONO jack like for buddy boxing. BUT... you need to use a program called smartpropoplus to interface with the audio card of your computer. that converts the signals from the radio into usable information the computer can use.

This also in most cases requires you to set your weighting and offsets to 50 so the "Curves all look like this...

20200514_132650.jpg