Hi there!!

Arcfyre

Elite member
Jtttuk

Edit:
^ these are the kinds of things you post when your toddler steals your phone. What I meant to say was welcome. :LOL:

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
"Welcome!" That's all we gotta say. "Welcome." Butttt noooooo. We've got to get all creative about it, every time somebody new says Hi. Ya'll crack me up!:LOL::love:

Welcome to our family Simonmc! I have personally found that one can get an amazing amount of joy out of building and cra...errr flying these things! I do all three. Build. Cra...errr. and fly! (Just a little on that last one, still working on it.) :)

Simonmc

Thanks guys! Getting back into this has all come from wanting to re-task my little 3040 CNC machine that I got for making PCBs (I'm an electronics engineer with an interest in 3d printing and CNC) and it just seemed modeling was worth getting back into. And my 2 young boys are always asking me to show them RC aircraft on YouTube. So it must be in the genes! I realise the the 3040 is to small for cutting foam sheets but built up construction it's ideal.

But after seeing the cutting foam with a needle post I'm thinking of getting a broken plotter and retasking it..

Off to search eBay UK..

Cheers

Simon.

Headbang

Master member
Thanks guys! Getting back into this has all come from wanting to re-task my little 3040 CNC machine that I got for making PCBs (I'm an electronics engineer with an interest in 3d printing and CNC) and it just seemed modeling was worth getting back into. And my 2 young boys are always asking me to show them RC aircraft on YouTube. So it must be in the genes! I realise the the 3040 is to small for cutting foam sheets but built up construction it's ideal.

But after seeing the cutting foam with a needle post I'm thinking of getting a broken plotter and retasking it..

Off to search eBay UK..

Cheers

Simon.
Ooooo now that is a rabbit hole! I know! But totaly worth it! You see a design you like, setup the plans, cut out the foam on the cnc, cut out the plywood on a cnc, 3d print a few parts, and boom you have a kit! Then you get an idea and want to change the design, go through the same steps and boom you have a custom kit! I find building the cnc machine, building the tools, ect to be more fun then the planes!

Simonmc

Ooooo now that is a rabbit hole! I know! But totaly worth it! You see a design you like, setup the plans, cut out the foam on the cnc, cut out the plywood on a cnc, 3d print a few parts, and boom you have a kit! Then you get an idea and want to change the design, go through the same steps and boom you have a custom kit! I find building the cnc machine, building the tools, ect to be more fun then the planes!
Actually so do I. The CNC I have did not stay standard from the moment it came out the box. Threw out the old controller and installed an Arduino and CNC shield on it, so didn't have to bother with a printer port.😀