Hi ya!

Mckee

I don't know if I can say that I am new to the hobby but I am newly successful to the hobby. Maybe 10 years ago I made the mistake of buying WAY MORE PLANE than a beginner should have and smashed a beautiful glider. Then I bought a variety of cheap/crappy RTFs that (I) flew poorly, and were uninspiring to look at. Finally I got a HobbyZone Super Cub, and its been GREAT! I am hooked, I've been flying daily in the park in front of the house with the kids, only when its empty enough to stay away from people I've build a one of the simple gliders, and now have started on the Mighty Mini PBY (favorite all time plane).

K3V0

Elite member
Heyo, welcome! Flying with family is the best! Even when they ceaselessly make fun of my flying🤣 I’m a big fan of the Catalina too! Looking forward to seeing your build.

Hoomi

Master member
Welcome! I suspect you're going to quickly fall in love with the Flite Test planes. They're fun to build, and so far, all 6 of the ones I've built have been excellent flyers. It's also a lot less stressful knowing that, if we do crash, replacement parts are easy to make out of readily available foam board.