Hi!

VITAL277

New to the forum, but following FT on YouTube. I have been flying for about 30 years and the foam board has drawn me back in. Typically a balsa flyer, but want to give this a shot now!!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
New to the forum, but following FT on YouTube. I have been flying for about 30 years and the foam board has drawn me back in. Typically a balsa flyer, but want to give this a shot now!!

Welcome, as a former balsa flyer myself. This is the most fun you can have for $2. Foam board is a lot tougher than balsa.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You're gonna LOVE flying with foamboard. This stuff is relatively easy to work with, it's light, and there are a TON of planes you can make. I'm absolutely loving the bigger birds like the Sea Duck, but the warbirds like the Mustang and the MiG-3 are a blast to fly as well. :) And if you crash it, as long as the electronics are ok, rebuild it for another $2 to $6! LOL

VITAL277

First effort so far at the F22 Raptor from Flite Test, not done yet. Went with the black foam board. Going to work on Ben Harber’s F-4 or the A-4 next I believe. I like the Scratch Build, almost reminds me of the balsa days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0