Hi!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hopefully you can get past quad brain. I have a bad case of that since I fly 50+ degree tilt which trains your brain yaw is roll and roll is yaw.

Makes flying fixed wing interesting specially in those cheek clenching moments of panic hehe.

Good luck on your first flights mate.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hopefully you can get past quad brain. I have a bad case of that since I fly 50+ degree tilt which trains your brain yaw is roll and roll is yaw.

Makes flying fixed wing interesting specially in those cheek clenching moments of panic hehe.

Good luck on your first flights mate.

Thanks!

PoorManRC

Master member
The Simple Storch (because I insisted on a big Plane!!) :p

And a Mini Sportster, for both learning, and for impromptu Flights whenever the mood and proper space suits! (y)(y)

PoorManRC

Master member
Well, yeah! They fly better, smoother, and are easier to SEE, especially for Old Farts like me!! :p

But, the small Planes are great for travel, spur of the moment Flights, even indoor Flights!

Gazoo

If you have someone to toss it, it might be better to hand launch. I only say this because planes tend to take a left turn and dip a wing when rolling out. Hate to see it crash before getting in the air.

Many times I have lost a prop on roll out when it got a little squirrelly.

If you do ground launch, make sure you have a long runway and be easy on the throttle. Make it more of a fast taxi until airborne. If you punch the throttle from the start it will get crazy. Especially with no aileron control.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
If you have someone to toss it, it might be better to hand launch. I only say this because planes tend to take a left turn and dip a wing when rolling out. Hate to see it crash before getting in the air.

Many times I have lost a prop on roll out when it got a little squirrelly.

If you do ground launch, make sure you have a long runway and be easy on the throttle. Make it more of a fast taxi until airborne. If you punch the throttle from the start it will get crazy. Especially with no aileron control.

Thanks for the tip!

If it turns to the left during take off, couldn't I just give it a little right rudder?