Hi

YochickenYo

I am new to the hobby and would like to ask for advice or tips. I have 3 crashed airplanes and am asking for tips to restore 1 of them. I can’t afford any new parts or power packs or a new plane in general. Can you help?

Get a friend with a buddy box or practice with RealFlight an app from play Store. it's as close as you're going to get to flying RC plane without actually flying one. Good luck and have fun

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am new to the hobby and would like to ask for advice or tips. I have 3 crashed airplanes and am asking for tips to restore 1 of them. I can’t afford any new parts or power packs or a new plane in general. Can you help?
Can you supply pics of the damage so that advice can be given.

I repair downed birds for my local club. Here is a thread with one of my repairs for the club: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/part-of-what-i-do.61818/

Have fun!

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Also foamboard is pretty cheap, get the plans printed off and you can make endless new airframes for your existing electronics. You will need a supply of props and spare firewalls/power pods to keep flying, so some budget may be required.
What planes were you flying? Some designs are much harder than others to learn on.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
These are all solutions. Getting a best fit one for you concern will require some pictures

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Build one of the basic FT designs, don’t try and recycle some old motor, electronics are cheap and you can build lots without the motor, you can use a cheap servo tester to centre servos you will be burying in the fuselage.
The Tiny Trainer can even be built as a two channel glider, then a 3 ch trainer or powered glider, then a 4 ch trainer.