Hi

Sampath

can I know what will be the best capacity requirement for the 1KG weight of Single propeller RC plane Brushless motor and Lipo, ESC?
Tks

FDS

Elite member
1kg is a heavy bird. Battery size will depend on what voltage you need for the motor and prop combo you want to run and how much weight you need to balance the airplane.
Nobody can tell you that based on the info in your post, we need more detail about the plane. Pictures might help too.

Sampath

Hi, I dont exactly get your question, are you asking about battery capacity?
My plane is almost 1KG ( With 7.4V Li-ion + 30ampESC+2212-1200KV BL motor+ receiver + Air plane).
I need to know these capacities are enough to fly the plane.
Pictures I will upload soon. tks

Sampath

1kg is a heavy bird. Battery size will depend on what voltage you need for the motor and prop combo you want to run and how much weight you need to balance the airplane.
Nobody can tell you that based on the info in your post, we need more detail about the plane. Pictures might help too.

*My plane is almost 1KG ( With 7.4V Li-ion + 30ampESC+2212-1200KV BL motor+ receiver + Air plane).
I need to know these capacities are enough to fly the plane.
Pictures I will upload soon. tks

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @FDS, you have a heavy plane. It will be borderline if you have the power to fly or not.

Wing loading may also be an issue. For regular size FT plane, 10-12 oz per sqft is light, 13-16 is good, 20 and above is heavy.

Here are some power guidelines that may help. It’s the total flying weight of the plane that you need, including motor and battery.

• 50 to 70 watts per pound is the minimum level of power, good for park flyers and lightly loaded slow flyers.
70 to 90 watts per pound is perfect for trainers and slow-flying aircraft.
• 90 to 110 watts per pound is good for fast-flying scale models and some sport aerobatic aircraft.
•110 to 130 watts per pound is what you want for advanced aerobatics and high-speed aircraft.
•130 to 150 watts per pound is needed for lightly loaded 3D models and ducted fans.
•150 to 210+ watts per pound gives unlimited performance for any 3D model

Sampath

I agree with @FDS, you have a heavy plane. It will be borderline if you have the power to fly or not.

Wing loading may also be an issue. For regular size FT plane, 10-12 oz per sqft is light, 13-16 is good, 20 and above is heavy.

Here are some power guidelines that may help. It’s the total flying weight of the plane that you need, including motor and battery.

• 50 to 70 watts per pound is the minimum level of power, good for park flyers and lightly loaded slow flyers.
• 90 to 110 watts per pound is good for fast-flying scale models and some sport aerobatic aircraft.
•110 to 130 watts per pound is what you want for advanced aerobatics and high-speed aircraft.
•130 to 150 watts per pound is needed for lightly loaded 3D models and ducted fans.

thanks for the information. it is very use full.

Sampath

1KG is 2.2 pounds. So my BL2212/6T-1400KV is with 7.4V 2s max watts 180W . Still not enough power to fly right?

Sampath

This is my low budget P51 model, I have issues with paints, I'm still waiting for my ESC, BL motor , transmitter from China.
Paints I tried with Acrilic , it's difficult to find silver colour here. Total weight Will come to around 1kg I think.
Screenshot_2020-03-16-07-31-25.png

Reactions: FDS

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
1KG is 2.2 pounds. So my BL2212/6T-1400KV is with 7.4V 2s max watts 180W . Still not enough power to fly right?
Yes, I think you need more power. It may be possible to fly. A well designed plane, In the hands of an experienced pilot, it could fly.

Guidelines for flight are not absolute laws, they are useful to increase your chances of success.

Great looking plane. This plane is not a trainer plane. If you are a new pilot, set this plane aside for now and build a trainer plane. The FT Tiny Trainer would be perfect for the motor setup you have. Most people will go through several trainers before they become skilled. After you learn to fly, go for the P51.

Last edited:

Sampath

Yes, I think you need more power. It may be possible to fly. A well designed plane, In the hands of an experienced pilot, it could fly.

Guidelines for flight are not absolute laws, they are useful to increase your chances of success.

Great looking plane.
Thanks dear. I made this with limited resources. We cannot get any EPO , EPP depron foam boards here. Only KT board and styrofoam.
For the canopy I had use a Pepsi bottle and for the nose cone a plastic food lid.
Glue guns are very low quality too. Had lot of difficulties to finish the bird.

Sampath

Thanks dear. I made this with limited resources. We cannot get any EPO , EPP depron foam boards here. Only KT board and styrofoam.
For the canopy I had use a Pepsi bottle and for the nose cone a plastic food lid.
Glue guns are very low quality too. Had lot of difficulties to finish the bird.

This was my first airplane. Also this model actually cost me USD 6 .
Without electronic parts. But lot of hard work.

Sampath

Glue guns are very low quality too. Had lot of difficulties to finished the bird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-16-07-31-25.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-16-07-31-25.png
    772.1 KB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
Merv said-

Work it out.
That P51 is really good, well done!