HiSky HCP100S + HT8 + FrSky Taranis

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
I finally manage (was not easy for me) to pair and set my Taranis Tx to works with a HT8 external module (about 15$) which allow me to bind a HiSky HCP100S helicopter (100 micro size / 3D collective pitch / dual brushless / 2S for 85$ with cheap spare parts). If someone interested, I can post the eepe file for the Taranis and a short tuto howto connect and pair the thing.
So this heli works with :
- turnigy 9x (with ht8) tested ok
- spektrum ( satellite adapter to add) I did not tested but seems ok on rcgroup (to check I'm not a spektrum user)
- taranis (with ht8) tested ok
This heli is really powerful for it's size, nothing to compare with my HFP80 (also bound to my Taranis with HT8) which is just a little smaller.
I didn't make a video as I'm a newb with heli, but here is a video with some close shot and an outdoor test flight.

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
I hope Charllie this is not your first heli and you know what you're doing

This is what I used lately.
Not sure all curves and settings are optimal, but it works.
SA switch = triple rates
SD = norm/idleup1/idle2
SF = thr cut
SH = reset timer

My HT-8 module is connected to the module port.
2 wires (no power wire needed as I use the internal lipo in the HT8) going from the HT8 module to the module port (pin1 : ppm pin4=gnd). Like here.
I use this ebay wire.

Config on the Taranis side (model setting):
internal module = deactivated
external module = activated
trainer mode = master

Config HT8 side:
Both leds are green (futaba mode if I recall well)

Connect hcp100s battery with the Taranis in norm thr mode, thr at zero and thr cut engage (taranis voice will say "motor disarm). Wait for some beeps. Thr cut disengage (taranis voice will say "motors arm").Thr up then back to zero to arm the motors (more beeps). Done and ready to bite :) Be careful this is not a v911.

This particular heli wants to tilt strongly during the spool up of the main motor, thr up with caution on take off.
If trouble appears while in ildeup mode (3D), hit the thr cut switch immediatly.

Last edited:

Charllie

I have followed your instructions and all works properly. This small heli has a brutal power. Thank you very match for advices and help.
flight success
Thank you very much ztoon

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Glad I could help.
Yes this little heli don't lack power, I like it's sound very much.
If you find something to change to the Taranis file, please post your experience.