hitec optic 6

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Sorry to not find this thread earlier.

You won't find any help from the importer/distributor. I had an Optic 6 once and it went south. Sent it back under warranty and they sent it back saying that there was no issue. Tried again and just found myself footing postage bills because they refused to check it properly.

I don't think the Optic 6 is worth pursuing. If you want to stay on 36mhz look to picking up an old JR2610. With everyone on 2.4 you should be able to pick one up quite cheap. It is similar to the Optic 6 (including shorter feel on the throws) except much better in terms of quality and ease of programming.

I do recommend going 2.4 (despite still running 36 on a JR2610 for some aircraft). I personally use Spektrum (was pretty much the only choice when I switched to 2.4) and am happy with my DX7 having swapped bushes for bearings.

G

PS - Have you tried shortening the sticks on a 9X, that might help give the familiar feel.

elvenpure

Okay sorry to sound annoyed but I'm not getting the 9x.
It may be a great radio but I just don't like it.
I have no issues and would love to go 2.4.
If I can fix my hitec then I will convert it to 2.4.
What were your issues with the optic 6?
I have found none apart from those after I put in a lipo.
Weather it was the lipos fault or just coincidental timing I don't know.
I love the programming and the feel of the optic 6.
But please do recommend some radios I can try.
Elf.

glydr

How many letters do we ge

Glitching. Couldn't provide a solid radio link to ANY receiver. Tried all my receivers. Tried receivers with other people. Tried changing crystals. Tried other people's transmitter modules. Each and every test pointed to a dodgy transmitter.

It did work for the first 6 months or so. But after that no good and no help under "warranty".

Recommending radios (besides the JR 2610 which I think would meet your requirements):

There is a MPX cockpit for sale here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21591254&postcount=7

Quite often you can pick up a Dx6i second hand for about the same price as that one.

G
Who also doesn't like the TGY 9X as much as his DX7.

PS - If you don't like big you won't like this:

jrp11xm1r921.jpg

(Would love one, just waiting for the right price!)

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Okay sorry to sound annoyed but I'm not getting the 9x.
It may be a great radio but I just don't like it.
I have no issues and would love to go 2.4.
If I can fix my hitec then I will convert it to 2.4.
I have found none apart from those after I put in a lipo.
Weather it was the lipos fault or just coincidental timing I don't know.
I love the programming and the feel of the optic 6.
But please do recommend some radios I can try.
Elf.
I loved my Optic. I had to use only dual conversion RXs to avoid glitches due to interference with surrounding activities.
I loved it until other pilots started their radios with the same channel when i was flying - then i got the DX7 - was about the only decent 2,4 at the time. And i have not regretted the choice any time . I now also have a DX8 with a better grip and more model memories. I am seriously considering to wake my old Optic as the 2,4 module and Rxs are of good value.

con244

I had the Hitec Optic 6 Sports tx and had lots of glitching. I converted it over to 2.4Ghz by fitting an Assan Hack Module into the unit. It still can run 36Mhz but at the flick of a switch it becomes 2.4GHZ tx. Meant I could fly and eventually destroy my old 36Mhz planes. The only problem with the Assan conversion is that the rxs aren't all that cheap but they don't seem to glitch either.
Con

takilara

Sorry to hear bout your broken Optic 6. I Love my two Optic 6's. Both converted to 2.4Ghz (FrSky). One of them is used for buddybox only. My first was a 200+ usd thingy, then the LHS here decided to get rid of all 35MHz stuff, so they sold out all their Optic 6's (not sport) for about 25USD each (no battery)

I also had battery problems, but got a LiFe battery, and everything has been perfect after.
The only reason i'm considering getting a new radio is because it can only store 6 models.