HK now selling autopilot

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I think that the multi rotors would be cooler if people did things with them. It seems like they are capable of doing some basic rolls and loops and not much else. At least cp helicopters are capable of more than most pilots can handle so there's always a challenge. On top of that, everyone is putting more and more effort into making them autonomous so it really doesn't even seem like fun to fly at that point. Might as well put goggles on and watch tv if you're going to have autopilot and all that.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Possibly I am just the paranoid type but Chinese Military Grade Mapping components that could possibly phone home to China reporting who knows what data while hooked up to MY PC bothers me just a bit. Possibly I have been watching too much old "Mission Impossible" lately. ;)

To me multirotor is all about a stable aerial camera platform not the flying experience although I will admit I had a tethered helicopter in the early 1960's that memory of has influenced me greatly. I don't like to fly "anything" anymore without a camera on it (thanks Paul, bmsweb) whether it is fixed wing, foamy quickbuild or multirotor.

Thurmond

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I agree, AK. It seems people are pushing the electronics and technology for the sake of electronics and technology, not for a purpose. But, what do I know? I'm entertained by building simple airplanes.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I see massive potential in multirotors for close to ground/hard to access ap using autopiloting etc. But for surveillance and search and rescue applications, I'd rather fixed wing any day. I'm interested in an autopilot system to remove the boundaries on control range for FPV.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I also like to have a camera on my equipment but not just to look at the scenery, in case something cool happens. I really enjoy the flying aspect though, and FPV can definitely enhance that as does aerial photography however I think that people are going more towards robotics and less toward flying. I fully understand that that's part of the hobby but it seems like a lot of people are really missing out on the joy of simple stick and rudder flying.

Nonamerc

Arman
Possibly I am just the paranoid type but Chinese Military Grade Mapping components that could possibly phone home to China reporting who knows what data while hooked up to MY PC bothers me just a bit. Possibly I have been watching too much old "Mission Impossible" lately. ;)

Thurmond

Haha know that feeling, i saw the mission impossible marathon yesterday haha