HK Quad Controller Programming

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]In this episode of Flite Test Josh Bixler walks us through, step by step, on how to program your HK Quad Controller. We hope this helps take the intimidation out of setting up multi-rotors.
[/FONT]

Parts List:
USBasp (Programming Card)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=21321

Controller Board:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=21977&aff=247441
[FONT=Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Websites:
kkmulticopter.com
Hobbyking.com

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Josh, kapteinkuk IS Mr. KK himself! Good tutorial. You might want to mention your version of Windows because the process varies with versions other than yours.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Josh, kapteinkuk IS Mr. KK himself! Good tutorial. You might want to mention your version of Windows because the process varies with versions other than yours.

Thurmond

He did say he was using Windows 7, but not which edition. I have done it on Win 7 Professional with almost the same method.

Mr. KK's name is Rolf Bakke - And I think the other firmwares are for better boards with accellerometers and stuff.

earthsciteach

Good Lord! I can appreciate that this is a great tutorial, but I couldn't sit through the whole thing. This isn't a criticism. I know this appeals to plenty of people. Give me fixed wing any day! I really don't think tri's and quads are for me.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Good Lord! I can appreciate that this is a great tutorial, but I couldn't sit through the whole thing. This isn't a criticism. I know this appeals to plenty of people. Give me fixed wing any day! I really don't think tri's and quads are for me.

Yeah, I know it's not that much fun - but get a KKboard and put it on an airplane!

earthsciteach

How about I just fly my wing into a giant solo cup pyramid? Cuz, that's what I did yesterday. You'd be amazed at how resiliant solo cups that have been hot glued together are! And, you would have definitely been amazed that we convinced two guys to hold the thing upright while we crashed into it over and over again! Its on video, I just have to track it down.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah, I know it's not that much fun - but get a KKboard and put it on an airplane!

That was directed to myself :)

I just reflashed my HK KK V2.1 with Aeroplane 2.5 - I got it working (turns out you have to plug in the throttle channel in order to arm the board) but the servos jittered a lot (like they do when they're on gyros) and had a big amp draw, so my 2A ESC BEC couldn't handle it and started heating up.

I think the stock servos on the Bixler draw close to 2 A while vigorously exercising all four of them.