HK Quad Controller Setup

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Great Video Josh. Some videos don't need to be entertaining. This is one of them.

Thurmond

BenB

Wow. Excellent, was recently looking into quads but put off by a lack of knowledge re how to set-up the board. This explained it all. Really tempted now to give it a go. Cheers :)

John Campbell

With the help of the Video, I solved my major problems, but I still have a problem. Appears that I may have a weak motor. Flipped it over and broke a boom.... Will have to fix it and try to find out what the problem is. The video was very well done. Great Job... My major problem was wrong motors in the wrong position...

Luis Gustavo

Hi Josh, I need your help! After watching you videos on setting up a KK board I got an X666 quad from HK with the KK board V3. Now, I have done all the steps according to your videos and everything work out up to the point were you return the yaw pot back to 50% after calibrating the ESCs, after returning my yaw pot back to 50% I powered up the quad and got no response from the motors, they all keep beeping very low and the light on the KK board stays off. If I do return the yaw pot back to zero and power up the quad than I do get response from motors, but no spool ups from any of them to compensate.

gabriel

guyz, juz finish my quadcopter X config using i86 HK. my problem is if i throttle up, the quad moves forward. should i adjust the trims on the Tx, or the pots on the board? and where does Dual rates/Exp comes in ?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
guyz, juz finish my quadcopter X config using i86 HK. my problem is if i throttle up, the quad moves forward. should i adjust the trims on the Tx, or the pots on the board? and where does Dual rates/Exp comes in ?

You should trim elevator towards the back... The pots on the board are to be adjusted if the copter is wobbly. D/R and exponential is to make the copter less touchy and jerky on the controls.