HK Super Mini quadcopter (newly listed late Dec)

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Hi all,

hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20946__Hobbyking_Super_Mini_Quadcopter_Frame_with_Motors_445mm_.html

Anyone else see this new product at HK?

I can't help but wonder if this is a way for HK to unload some less popular motors, but at $30 and with some Christmas cash at hand I gave it a shot.

Will report back here but want to hear other's experience and opinions.

G

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Hmm. I'm keen to see what they're like. I've been thinking about a multi-rotor for FPV and better aerial video of some of the awesome spots along the rivers around here...

glydr

Might be a bit small for fpv, I'm thinking night flight and packing on holidays. Will show you when it comes.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Cool. Each motor is rated about 250g thrust. The cam and tx only weighs about 40g. Perhaps I need to build myself a David W. tri...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Let me know when you order stuff for it... We can build them together! You were looking at getting into FPV this year too, right?

glydr

It's mostly here. I'm going multi wii with the tri. Just have to build the frame and wire up the motors.

Still to choose and buy a tail servo.

glydr

I will be needing some stuff soon (6x3 ccw, male to male connectors, etc) so drop me a line at the time.

glydr

All arrived today.

Quite happy with the laser cutting. The motors look strange (plastic!) but might be ok (despite some reports otherwise showing up on the net).

I've started building and am taking photos as I go. Planning to put up a build log. Might start another thread as this one looks like an email RE a new HK order... sorry about that!

G