HK Super Mini Quadcopter_ Build Log

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Hello my friend, its been a long time ...

just to let you know;

made a nice order on HK ... soon ill have a thread of my own :D

KD-A22-15 motors x 4
30A Plush ESC x4
KK board 2.1
X550 red/black kit
and some small stuff to build this :p

Last edited:

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Nice.

I'd love to do it all again with the new dji clone frame.

i bought the X550 frame but the DJI is very appealing .... still wondering if i should order both and then decide later :p

the DJI450 frame is 27 dollars on DealExtreme and its free shipping !!!

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Bargain.

Next multi rotor project is tricopter repair, followed by the mini quad - so no new frames for me for a while.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
i bought the X550 frame but the DJI is very appealing .... still wondering if i should order both and then decide later :p the DJI450 frame is 27 dollars on DealExtreme and its free shipping !!!

Check RCTimer, the RM450 is usd 29.99 with free shipping as well.
All colours available and spares.
Received mine yesterday with spare arms.
Very fast shipping (!)
Very solid frame, great product.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Check RCTimer, the RM450 is usd 29.99 with free shipping as well.
they dont have free shipping to Brazil ... HA HA HA!!!

Burg or glydr;

what do u think of my setup ??

what props should i use ??

options im considering:10x5 APC or 10x6 GWS (i think those 2 sets would be too strong); Slow Fly 10x4,7 9x4,7 8x4 ? any other idea ?

should i consider bigger than 10" props ?

Ill have my own post when my kit arrives :p

Last edited:

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
what do u think of my setup ??

what props should i use ??

options im considering:10x5 APC or 10x6 GWS (i think those 2 sets would be too strong); Slow Fly 10x4,7 9x4,7 8x4 ? any other idea ?

should i consider bigger than 10" props ?

Ill have my own post when my kit arrives :p

So no one can risk a tip ? i saw at rctimer 12 pairs of 10x4.5 slow flyers, i might try this ones ....

glydr

How many letters do we ge
So no one can risk a tip ? i saw at rctimer 12 pairs of 10x4.5 slow flyers, i might try this ones ....

Sorry - missed the thread for a while.

I can't say I'm familiar with that motor, though given the prop attrition rate (it will happen!) go the GWS (cheaper) over APC (expensive). I'm running 1147 GWS on my Tri (DT750 motors) and find them fine (after balancing).

I also think finer pitch (e.g. xx47 over xx60) is preferable - this is all in my head but imagine one motor drops, the gyro senses the drop and the board sends more oomph to that motor. The finer pitch prop will see the extra motor revs become thrust in a smoother fashion than a coarser pitch prop, making it easier for the board to cope with decelerating that motor when the quad becomes stable.

Agree?

G

G

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I would use the 10X4.5 if flying on 3S battery, if 4S then 8X4.5. Stock DJI motors are 2212's at 920KV and use the same prop recommendations.

That frame test video is what sold me on the DJI style frame.

Thurmond

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
thx for the replys !!

its settled then: ill order the 12 pairs+ of slow fly 10x4.5"

my motor is 2215 at 1050 kv; should work fine .....

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I also think finer pitch (e.g. xx47 over xx60) is preferable - this is all in my head but imagine one motor drops, the gyro senses the drop and the board sends more oomph to that motor. The finer pitch prop will see the extra motor revs become thrust in a smoother fashion than a coarser pitch prop, making it easier for the board to cope with decelerating that motor when the quad becomes stable.

Yes, bigger props with smaller pitch are the way to go in multirotors. Also you want really slow motors. (Low Kv) Check the multirotor specialized motors on HobbyKing ($30 each!). They spin as slow as 450 Kv! Which means that is what you want.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
About $2 per prop is not bad at all. If you have luck like mine, every one you break will rotate the same direction so you end up with a pile of new props and still need to buy more that turn the correct direction.

Thurmond

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
About $2 per prop is not bad at all. If you have luck like mine, every one you break will rotate the same direction so you end up with a pile of new props and still need to buy more that turn the correct direction.

Thurmond

LOL thurmond .... im that kind of guy too !!

checkout what the mailman delivered today: (posting this and off to the bench !)

santa quad.jpg