HK Super Mini Quadcopter_ Build Log

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I had to mount my HK KK board on a foam mount consisting of 6 layers of double sided foam tape at each corner of the board to keep vibrations from causing the effect you describe. Hold your quad above your head FIRMLY and run up the motors while feeling for vibration at various throttle settings. Carefully check prop balance AND motor bell balance without the props if any vibration is detected.

Thurmond

glydr

How many letters do we ge
My solution was to change the speedy's over to Plush.

Start with the pots at mid-point.

Good luck!

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
im stuck .... waiting for flitetest come to Rio de Janeiro to shoot a episode and help me adjust it !! when thats going to happen, Chad ?? :p

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
finally i had a proper maiden flight:

"the dome is a butter cup !!!"

thanks glydr for letting me use HIS blog :D

NeoKai

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what size bolts/washers/nuts are used to attach the motor to the frame?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Kai

glydr

Hi Kai,

I just used random self tapping screws that I had at hand. A drop of CA keeps them in place.

G

NeoKai

Thanks for the reply glydr!
The hobbyking website says that the hole sizes are 12/16/30mm. I measured the holes up myself and the diameter for the motor attaching hole isn't stated.
Sorry, i'm not very familiar with any of these kits, what exactly is a CA?
Is it a replacement for a nut?

glydr

The high/ med/ low refers to viscosity - that is how 'runny it is.

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
mmmm. Kicker...

You've got viscosity mixed up. It's the resistance of a substance to something passing through it. Water is viscous, air is extremely viscous and honey has a low viscosity.

NeoKai

glydr.
Thanks so much for the help again!
You're awesome!
Just a small question, what did you do on the other side of the screw, instead of having a bolt?
Thanks,
Kai

glydr

glydr.
Thanks so much for the help again!
You're awesome!

<blush>

Flattery will get you everywhere (that's what I tell the trainees at work).

I do have a blob of hot glue on the other side of the screw (don't tell lobstermash, he still doesn't believe I use it). However the CA (I believe) is doing the lions share of holding the screw into the wood. Be sure to use a 'self tapper', that is one with the pointy end.

G

glydr

Here is what I'm working on next...

IMG_0518-001.JPG

... no thread yet as it won't be finished for ages.

diyman

hey guys get this if you dont already know i just ordered a mini quad form banggood.com get this 45.99 rtf yes (RTF) and it comes with extra blades battery and balance charger. I havent got it yet but have read all the forums i could find nobody had any bad words for it and i dont have to build it check it out

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
mmmm. Kicker...

You've got viscosity mixed up. It's the resistance of a substance to something passing through it. Water is viscous, air is extremely viscous and honey has a low viscosity.

Honey is the highest viscosity of all you have listed. Water is next then air is the least viscous. Think about oil. 10W is thin and less viscous than 90W gear oil. Honey is like STP which is far more viscous than 90W gear oil.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Honey is the highest viscosity of all you have listed. Water is next then air is the least viscous. Think about oil. 10W is thin and less viscous than 90W gear oil. Honey is like STP which is far more viscous than 90W gear oil.

Thurmond

+1.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Whoops! I even remember double checking before I posted, but still got mixed up! See coffee thread... Mustn't have happened yet :eek: