HK V2 Board Firmware Strangeness

voipmonkey

Hi Guys
need a bit of advise. I have finally got my quad into a state where i am ready for setup. I have flashed my HK board using Xcopter V4.7 from the flash tool (as using in QuadX mode).
Set the endpoints on the throttle. but!!
motor 3 seems to power up spin normal and then speed up very very fast. I thought it was my transmitter at first but reset all settings etc in the thing (New model tried too) but still seems to speed up like mad.
I found XXcontrol_KR_XCopter_v2_3 firmware and tried this and the motor seems to spin normally. only thing with this is i cant seem to arm the board unless i have about 7 clicks of down trim on the throttle which seems to upset everything else.
Any advise would be great guys. This board is only a temp solution until my Arduino Pro Mini turns up, But i would like to understand what is happening as i am having fun with a KK board i have too on my quad.
HELP !!!!

Manfet

Did you set the end points on the ESCs? Is that what you talk about with endpoints on throttle?

And how does 7 clicks of down trim upset anything?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
4.7 and 2.3 have the motors numbered differently. Did you account for that.

in X formation 4.7 numbering is upper left #1, Lower left #2, upper right #3 and lower right #4. If + then numbering is same formation but #1 is front.

In X formation 2.3 numbering is CW from upper left # 1, upper right #2, lower right #3, lower left #4

4.7 is known to have Lazy #4 motor issues. #4 motor doesn't spin up as quick as others.

Thurmond

voipmonkey

4.7 and 2.3 have the motors numbered differently. Did you account for that.

in X formation 4.7 numbering is upper left #1, Lower left #2, upper right #3 and lower right #4. If + then numbering is same formation but #1 is front.

In X formation 2.3 numbering is CW from upper left # 1, upper right #2, lower right #3, lower left #4

4.7 is known to have Lazy #4 motor issues. #4 motor doesn't spin up as quick as others.

Thurmond

Thurmond
you hit nail on the head. i had the motors in the wrong configuration. all seems to work now going to charge me some lipo's and see if i can destroy all my hard work :)
Mark