HK walrus

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
I have yet to see the HobbyKing Walrus, so could y'all do a review, I got it just a few days ago, and want to know more about what I should do with it.

MrClean

Should have stolen it, they fly better that way. It' a fun, second airplane with flaps kind of deal. Put about 30degrees down in the flaps for landing, mix in elevator to fly level if you have that mixing other wise dial in the flaps and add trim. I have a taranis so I hit the switch and this configuration deploys in three seconds BUT goes right away when I switch back.

It lands just fine with out flaps, it just glides forever. Flaps steepen the decent angle and add drag so you don't speed up. point the plane 30 yards in front of your landing spot, start flairing at about 5-6 feet extending the flight with throttle if necessary, it will slide in. Or bump down if you get going too slow. Without flaps I have a couple of trees of my neighbors that I have to split. NO problem to do during the day. An abrupt surprise at night.

Winglet

I have one and have been flying it for over a year. Very nice flying sailplane. I don't use mixing or dual rates. Just 20 percent expo on all controls. Flaps work good but not required. Decals are kinda cheap looking. I dressed mine up by removing origional decals and using some packing tape. Good ship!