Hobby King EPO P-47 1600mm

John Campbell

They had a gopro camera mounted on a servo. The servo allowed them to turn the camera in the cockpit as if the pilot was looking around.

I saw that this was already answered, but I'll repeat anyways. They were using two 3000 mah 4S batteries in parallel for added nose weight.

I don't know which gopro it was, but even the older ones were able to video out, first with a hack, then with a firmware update.

Thanks for the info... I have the Hero 2 and will have to see what I can do to get the output.

He had a lock out. Whenever we fly too close to that little tower, the Spektrum stuff cuts out. You'll even here me tell the guys to stay away from it in the video.

Chad is that a cell tower? We fly in proximity to one as well and get lockouts from time to time with dsm2/dsmx/orange. It seems to happen in certain areas with relation to the tower. In fact I have been flying my Radjet with a Futaba 7c FM(well at least until last Monday when I got it in another flat spin) and in those affected areas it seemed to hiccup as I flew through. Perhaps that might explain some of the trouble we have with the FlySky as well?

Jay

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
He had a lock out. Whenever we fly too close to that little tower, the Spektrum stuff cuts out. You'll even here me tell the guys to stay away from it in the video.
Thank you Spektrum. I was actually thinking you told them to stay away b/c because you didn't want another plane stuck on the tower. :) That would explain that first near crash David almost had.

mvaller00

I was curious if anyone here actually purchased this airplane????

I just did and I'm fairly new per say, been flying other people's airplanes etc.. fairly good flyer and I actually purchased it to fly at my local AMA field. But having just a couple problems with the wiring. Came with a couple "Y" connectors and another connector but some wires aren't labeled. Directions in this area in black and white and are pretty damn sucky. Just curious if anyone else has the airplane and did the wiring?

Also, I want to know how they did the tail wheel with the rubber band. I ran the wires from the back wheel and they lead to the servo but I don't even know how to hook them up to get rid of the slack... nevermind add the rubber band? Any help from anyone else who has done this?

- M

FTA_FTW

Flitetest,

Can you guys please post your findings for CG? I took your advice and used two 4s 3000mah batteries in pararrell, went for a flight and the plane was tail heavy. The manual states 105mm from the leading edge but I feel this is incorrect. How far did you guys measure as your CG?

captron360

How is it on a grass field ?

I have the smaller Park Zone version of this plane and it isn't too good on grass. It likes to nose over. Is the larger one any better?
Thanks