Hobby King EPO P-47 1600mm

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
ohhh no!

The smaller plane just got smashed completely, but actually no wonder :D

Great episode as always! Too bad David went back to Sweden.

John Campbell

I have 3 basic questions (one off topic, sorry)

1.) Early in the episode there was some electronics under the canopy. What was that for?

2.) On the Episode, you were using 2 3S Batteries, the online calls for 1 4S, why the difference?

3.) (Off Topic) On the FPV Camera, Was that a Hero or Hero2 Camera? I was unaware that it would output video while recording.

Great Video Guys. Sorry to see the mishap, but shows how the plane held up to damage. I hope Davids plane can be fixed, but on its decent, it did not look good. ;(

sandblaster

I feel the P-47 was not given enough flight time and demonstration to see how it flies. One roll does not do it when one wants to know how the inverted, vertical and other flight manners are. Big plane, bigger then normal investment and warbird. So how does it fly in all areas? What skill level required? Is it one to just go around in circles with are can one have fun flying it like a attack aircraft.

Then I would really like a review on the Mustang other then it cannot take on a monster plane and survive. Also hope reviews are coming for the new Durafly F4U and Mustang and other 1100mm planes coming out.

Hope not sounding critical. We depend on you guys to let us know if we and the aircraft would make a good pair for flying fun.

Keep up the good work.

I feel the P-47 was not given enough flight time and demonstration to see how it flies. One roll does not do it when one wants to know how the inverted, vertical and other flight manners are. Big plane, bigger then normal investment and warbird. So how does it fly in all areas? What skill level required? Is it one to just go around in circles with are can one have fun flying it like a attack aircraft.

Then I would really like a review on the Mustang other then it cannot take on a monster plane and survive. Also hope reviews are coming for the new Durafly F4U and Mustang and other 1100mm planes coming out.

Hope not sounding critical. We depend on you guys to let us know if we and the aircraft would make a good pair for flying fun.

Keep up the good work.

I have that little Mustang Sandblaster. It's a great little plane and I was bummed to see one get mangled like that. As you saw in the video it can be a handful when you take off. I usually fly without gear but either way I only throttle up to about 2/3's. I also shed the draggy 4 blade for a 9X6.

Airwolf

...and that's why I love Flite Test - a few second after I thought "they should fly this Mustang through Thud's prop" - it happend ;]
Way to go! :D

PaulT

Mentor
What was David thinking????
Oh, I know, last time to take out Bixler before going home!!!!

Fishbonez

That had to be the best Flite test for me to date. One I love the plane what a beauty. 2nd I really did enjoy seeing Josh B actually nervous about his flying skills, much like everyone who maidens a plane for the first time, the ole pucker factor :cool: and really enjoyed seeing someone else fly with him and actually see a goof. Brought what I would say reality to the show, for me that it was it is like when a bunch folks get together and just plain having fun with their airplanes. Great job boy do I want one. Just not soon definitely on the wish list

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have to say, it's been a while since I REALLY enjoyed an episode. I like them, all, some more than others, but this one was awesome.

I loved Josh Scott's comment in the beginning of the episode. (@5:33) "I would love to go outside and watch YOU fly this plane..."

Poor Josh S, let him fly!

The destruction of the little mustang, as it was taunting the larger Jug was great. It was like a dream come true. I've seen little birds harassing hawks as they fly along minding their business, and I've always wanted to see the big bird take a little revenge.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have 3 basic questions (one off topic, sorry)

1.) Early in the episode there was some electronics under the canopy. What was that for?

They had a gopro camera mounted on a servo. The servo allowed them to turn the camera in the cockpit as if the pilot was looking around.

2.) On the Episode, you were using 2 3S Batteries, the online calls for 1 4S, why the difference?

I saw that this was already answered, but I'll repeat anyways. They were using two 3000 mah 4S batteries in parallel for added nose weight.

3.) (Off Topic) On the FPV Camera, Was that a Hero or Hero2 Camera? I was unaware that it would output video while recording.

Great Video Guys. Sorry to see the mishap, but shows how the plane held up to damage. I hope Davids plane can be fixed, but on its decent, it did not look good. ;(

I don't know which gopro it was, but even the older ones were able to video out, first with a hack, then with a firmware update.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
We were 150klms away from home when I noticed the FB post about this video. Thomas and I were both hanging out to get home and see it . . wow that was awesome, Awesome, AWESOME! Loved seeing the mustang get chewed up lol

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Awesome ep guys! what happened to Davids mustang that made it spiral out of control? Good recover BTW!

NAM

He had a lock out. Whenever we fly too close to that little tower, the Spektrum stuff cuts out. You'll even here me tell the guys to stay away from it in the video.

Klonas

I know that feeling Josh S.
MORE GUNS!!!! :D
Nice episode.
You should have let Josh S fly the plane though....