• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hobby King NO SALE TODAY

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I was shopping at the US warehouse today and up pops a freebee plane so I spend some more time adding $100 in total parts to my cart then when I add the freebee plane it says I can't add stuff from 2 different warehouse locations to the same cart :confused:. I try it again and another different freebee plane is offered
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23972
with the same results so I dump my cart contents and go to the Hong Kong warehouse and rebuild the cart and I can only add the plane offered at FULL COST. You know what Hobby King NO SALE TODAY! I don't like to be jerked around. :mad:

RCTimer may get this order! ;)

Thurmond

Last edited:
I've got my Tricopter 2.5 parts on backorder for 3 weeks because of a supposed free plane. I even added extra stuff to the order to get the $100. Then find the plane is on backorder?! Maybe its a scam to get you to spend more?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I've got my Tricopter 2.5 parts on backorder for 3 weeks because of a supposed free plane. I even added extra stuff to the order to get the $100. Then find the plane is on backorder?! Maybe its a scam to get you to spend more?
This free plane stuff is not a scam - lobstermash seems to get lots of freebies from HK. However, it (the freebie machine) might not be working as it should be.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, I've got some great freebies. You have to play by the rules and be quick though... You can never, even for non-freebie orders, order from 2 different warehouses. Also, the freebie is specific to the warehouse it's offered in - if it's an international warehouse freebie, you can't add the corresponding item from a local warehouse as a freebie. The freebie is also meant to finish once the item's on backorder and I've heard of some people having the freebie removed, in consultation with the buyer, because it was a discontinued item and couldn't be backordered and was only able to be added because there was a bug.

I've had a freebie not work because I was trying to order batteries as well as the freebie, which was a plane. Due to postage rules, you can't ship a certain amount of power in lipos in big boxes...

So far I've had a Cub, a big RCLander Cougar, a Sportjet and a Corsair as freebies. That's about $500 worth...