Hobby King Red Arrow 35mm Micro EDF - Maiden Flight

bmsweb

Site Moderator
This is the Model Thomas wanted for his Birthday. I couldn't believe he didn't go for something a little bigger. When you look and hold this model its almost like a Static Display Model and I'm sure it would pass for one at a distance. He maidened it today in medium wind speeds . . it flew really well.

Sorry about all my coaching on the video but at some stages he wasn't being forceful enough and at times didn't have enough power. Having said that it flew really and he didn't have much problems flying it.

I was a 100% sure it was the wrong choice model, but I have to say it gets the Big Thumbs!! Great Model Hobby King!

BTW: He didn't go over half throttle because he was worried about it going too fast. I'm sure once he's a little more confident you'll see him let loose with this.

Note that this model requires an Orange RX with 1.25mm Molex Connectors

Cheers
Paul

earthsciteach

Great video of a very happy kid! HK should use this as a promotional video!

I'm really surprised that the 35mm planes are that stable and fast.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Paul, Thomas is a natural from what I see. Happy birthday Thomas and congratulations on your maiden EDF flight.

Thurmond

bmsweb

Site Moderator
earthsciteach
I too am blown away with the fact that it can not only fly but fly well. Most of the time he said he had her around 50% throttle. Great model no too ways about it. Mind you I would still prefer something bigger, but hey its a nice model

Thurmond
Thanks Thurmond, That was the first model he has maidened himself. Very proud and happy it all worked out. I honestly expected to be picking up pieces of foam all over the field.

colorex
No Too ways about it . . I may need to buy a second one :)