• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hobby King Sky Mule Review

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
A guy at my field owns one.
Great plane.

We were doing some STOL stuff last week.
Very smooth flying plane.

Ya, I just saw the shipping. You would think living in the Western US, having the product shipped from the Western US warehouse would not even be close to $90!

MT Alex

Ya, I just saw the shipping. You would think living in the Western US, having the product shipped from the Western US warehouse would not even be close to $90!
I live in Montana, I just checked and my shipping options were $38 and $43. Very high, but not $90.

I'm in Denver and it was like $93. Luckily, my in-laws are from Washington and about 30 minutes away from the warehouse. I might buy it when I go up there in a few weeks and ship it to myself for 15 bucks at Fedex. Also, I had a couple extra props and a battery in my order. Not just the plane.

Edit: I copied and pasted the actual shipping info on Hobby King which includes the PNF, battery and 2 extra props:

Your Total $218.26
Standard Price $469.80
Postage & Payment type
Shipping Options
UNITED STATES
1140x430x765mm 5719g
Live shipping cost from USPS to 80134
Self collection in Lakewood, Washington United States warehouse
UPS Small Parcel Value (Within USA) $89.57

Regardless of this.........a review of this plane would be great!

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
HK just refunded a lost order.

I'm very tempted to order this plane and retire my cargo scratch built plane.
Love my cargo but I dont fly her in the winter because the wing uses rubber bands.

So very tempting.