Hobby King Sky Mule Review

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
A guy at my field owns one.
Great plane.

We were doing some STOL stuff last week.
Very smooth flying plane.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I had considered buying one but the shipping is nuts.

So I might build one ;)

Stellarsnow

Ya, I just saw the shipping. You would think living in the Western US, having the product shipped from the Western US warehouse would not even be close to $90!

MT Alex

Ya, I just saw the shipping. You would think living in the Western US, having the product shipped from the Western US warehouse would not even be close to $90!

I live in Montana, I just checked and my shipping options were $38 and $43. Very high, but not $90.

Stellarsnow

I'm in Denver and it was like $93. Luckily, my in-laws are from Washington and about 30 minutes away from the warehouse. I might buy it when I go up there in a few weeks and ship it to myself for 15 bucks at Fedex. Also, I had a couple extra props and a battery in my order. Not just the plane.

Edit: I copied and pasted the actual shipping info on Hobby King which includes the PNF, battery and 2 extra props:

Your Total $218.26
Standard Price $469.80
Postage & Payment type
Shipping Options
UNITED STATES
1140x430x765mm 5719g
Live shipping cost from USPS to 80134
Self collection in Lakewood, Washington United States warehouse
UPS Small Parcel Value (Within USA) $89.57

Regardless of this.........a review of this plane would be great!

Last edited:

ssteve

Looked at one myself. Even had intended to purchase it until I noticed that shipping was $50

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
HK just refunded a lost order.

I'm very tempted to order this plane and retire my cargo scratch built plane.
Love my cargo but I dont fly her in the winter because the wing uses rubber bands.

So very tempting.