mayan

Legendary member
CACE5FD9-5A6B-42C9-935C-EEC8D1A5321D.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
Errrr I am bored. Don’t know what to do with my day off. I can’t go flying cause it’s raining and sun is setting down. I don’t have all the parts I need to solder new electronics. I don’t have builds on the table waiting to be built. I think I am losing it... Any ideas what I can do?!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Errrr I am bored. Don’t know what to do with my day off. I can’t go flying cause it’s raining and sun is setting down. I don’t have all the parts I need to solder new electronics. I don’t have builds on the table waiting to be built. I think I am losing it... Any ideas what I can do?!

Design something! :D

mayan

Legendary member
I ended up going back to cutting out the ft edge 540 plans. It’s going to take some time to build though because there are a lot of pieces that need to be marked and cut out which is time consuming when you are scratch building.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Sorry Mayan. I had to distance myself from distractions to get my plane done and I haven't been back on the forum for a while. I am very sorry to hear about your wife having to go to the ER, and exceedingly glad that she is OK.

Your builds just keep getting better and better. Your flight experience is mounting up and you are already branching off into new models. I'm glad we're not competing! :p

mayan

Legendary member
Sorry Mayan. I had to distance myself from distractions to get my plane done and I haven't been back on the forum for a while. I am very sorry to hear about your wife having to go to the ER, and exceedingly glad that she is OK.

Your builds just keep getting better and better. Your flight experience is mounting up and you are already branching off into new models. I'm glad we're not competing! :p
I am just sad we can’t go flying together. You kicked ass with your maiden. I am really impressed with your flying skills brother.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Flying together? How awesome that would be! Like most others on this forum, we are distanced by, well distance. It is a wonderful thought, though. There is a slight problem with the scenario of you and I flying on the same field... Turn and burn, and CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

I would simply chase you around the sky until we hit. And do it again. And again. Yup. It would be glorious.

mayan

Legendary member
So I got 2 hours and then I need to get some rest. Think I can cut out all the pieces of the FT edge in that time?

mayan

Legendary member
So I got 2 hours and then I need to get some rest. Think I can cut out all the pieces of the FT edge in that time?
UPDATE: I only cut an 1/8 of the pieces and still haven’t marked the internal score cuts. This build is definitely going to take me time, but I am pushing forward to get it built. I feel that I am ready for the build not so much for flying of the part of it :)...

mayan

Legendary member
After a double shift day with a late pulling of hours over into my wife’s shift this morning I managed to cut out all the ft edge 540 plane parts. Might not be able to start the build today. Need rest ASAP!
BDC8323D-B02F-4D5B-ADDD-6779BD45F214.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
Errr I started the build, messed up big time and going to bed :(. Maybe will get back to it later today.

mayan

Legendary member
I got back to the FT Edge 540 build yesterday, looking good so far but you all are going to have to wait a day or two more before I’ll post a picture of it completely built. Mean time going to practice some more on flying my SpiTTT fuselage with both the sports wing and SpiTTT wing. I’ll also be maidening my new FT Mini Arrow. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Sorry for the delay in posting videos of my last session. Hadn’t found the time to edit the videos. Hopefully will get it done tomorrow.

mayan

Legendary member
Issues always come in doubles. Had an issue with HDD space on my computer so it didn’t save my videos or editing. Found myself editing the videos about 4 times. I am uploading them now so hopefully will post them soon. I am a bit bumped out the last few days. We are getting beautiful days but I can’t find time to go to the field. I even don’t have energy to build anything and trying hard to keep doing it. Any ways just a quick update for now.

mayan

Legendary member
My last flying session on the 20-01-2019 flying the SpiTTT with 2 sets of wings. The original TT Sports wing and the SpiTTT wing sets.

@buzzbomb there is a secert message for you in the video, guess you'll have to find it... I haven't had the time to edit the video of me maidening the new Mini Arrow so mean while I want to host a poll.

What was the outcome of the new Mini Arrow maiden?
1) Came home in one piece
2) Minor damage, easily repairable
3) Broke completly unrepairable

I am a bit bumped out the last few days. We are getting beautiful days but I can’t find time to go to the field. I even don’t have energy to build anything and trying hard to keep doing it.
3a5ab1c5-2e07-47c2-ae0e-ce51998ee955.JPG
39cec1b5-bdf4-4847-b270-7713375cfdbd.JPG

97dff507-a482-461f-81af-33c86b5af04f.JPG

Me realizing I didnt paint the ailerons underside in red :eek::unsure:
227d205d-439a-4f5c-b00a-709fc231c7ab.JPG

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
My last flying session on the 20-01-2019 flying the SpiTTT with 2 sets of wings. The original TT Sports wing and the SpiTTT wing sets.

@buzzbomb there is a secert message for you in the video, guess you'll have to find it... I haven't had the time to edit the video of me maidening the new Mini Arrow so mean while I want to host a poll.

What was the outcome of the new Mini Arrow maiden?
1) Came home in one piece
2) Minor damage, easily repairable
3) Broke completly unrepairable

View attachment 122587 View attachment 122588
View attachment 122589

Me realizing I didnt paint the ailerons underside in red:eek::unsure:
View attachment 122590
"I don't have a lot of batteries, like some of you do." How did you know? :LOL:
IMG_0197.JPG

I was feeling really bad at the beginning of the video, those were some rough starts for what's supposed to be an enjoyable flying session. I was really pleased that you were flying so well towards the end.

Now that I have more of a clue what I'm doing, I think we are making a lot of the same mistakes. What's saving me is that the polyhedral training wing is so much more forgiving, and the three cell battery is giving me enough power to do some crazy maneuvers to save the plane. On the whole, I honestly believe you are flying well beyond my current skill level. :)

As to your poll? Number 3. Crash and burn, baby! :eek::p;) Here's to hoping it was a whole lot of this :D(y)!

The Edge 540 is an amazing looking plane. Your build looks pretty darn good, as well. What a completely different bird than what we are used to! No matter what, that maiden will be exciting!

A suggestion? Since you forgot to paint the underside of ailerons anyway, why not make them contrast? It might help with orientation. Heck for me, ANYTHING that helps with orientation is a bonus!