mayan

Legendary member
Careful with that cub, brother. In my experience they are rather difficult to fly. It may not make the best camera platform. I'd hate to see that nice GoPro ruined.
I hear you. I’ll have to give him the heads up and let him decide. I just made his dream come true. I wonder if he’s got the balls to see his dream through.

PoorManRC

Master member
Mayan.....

If he'd be OK with it, I'd cut out the "windshield" some, and install the GoPro IN the Fuse. Just a thought.... ;)

mayan

Legendary member
So a little spoiler the simple Cub flew not all the best and wasn’t very easy to control but it was flying and had given some nice footage. So nice that I plan on going flying it again very soon like in 20 mins soon. Videos later today...

Arcfyre

Elite member
So a little spoiler the simple Cub flew not all the best and wasn’t very easy to control but it was flying and had given some nice footage. So nice that I plan on going flying it again very soon like in 20 mins soon. Videos later today...

Not really surprised. The cub barely flies when it's not loaded down with a camera. Try the GoPro on your soarer or versa. They should be better camera platforms assuming you can get them flying.

mayan

Legendary member
I wasn’t able to fly with the GoPro on the Simple Cub again yesterday like I wanted ;(. The GoPro didn’t turn on. Tried multiple things to make it work until I gave up went to fly the “healed” SpiTTT. Why healed because two days ago when I went flying I had some hard crashes and broke the wings tips off the wing piece. I fixed one side at the field and kept flying, but when the other side also broke I put it aside for me to fix at home with some hot glue and went to fly the Simple Cub with the GoPro on it.

Flying the SpiTTT two days ago:

Flying the Simple Cub with the GoPro:

Yesterday I went back to the field and kept flying the SpiTTT after I have fixed the wing tips with some hot glue and tape.
09072FE7-87C7-4E38-8D7C-FF6AD64F5F4A.jpeg

682A1C15-5D34-4DF9-B628-8210EE8BB00F.jpeg

I also wanted to prove a point that the plane could go back to the original and flew it also with the glider wings of the original TT.
0249D0D0-F43C-42EA-83F6-12ED98F14B79.jpeg

P.S.
The GoPro turned on the moment I got back and tried again ;(

mayan

Legendary member
A few days ago I woke up and the first my wife told is “listen I canceled the order on your servos.” I was like “why?! I have been waiting on them for so long.” She replied “they were shipped to Haifa and someone claimed them.” I was super bumped out because I have so many models waiting for these servos to be able to fly. Today I finished up another FT model and had to take out the servos from the SpiTTT’s wings to be able to get it to fly. Had not maidened it yet because of the rainy weather we’re getting over the last week.

692B0C57-2F06-4CFD-92A8-02DF58C7B00E.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
All my planes are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside the door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The car is packed
It’s waiting to go
I’m already to go and fly.
So I'm gonna' fly a jet plane
Don't know if it will make it back again

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Did the Charlie make it back in one piece? What do you think?

Spoiler!

mayan

Legendary member
Ouch. :confused:

What happened? Lost orientation? It looked like it had more than enough power.
I think it's that crapy reciever. I should have expected it to happen. The receiver makes the servos jitter but it's the only reciever that I have that works with my DX4e transmitter which is simple for me to setup on mixed elevons. Simply because it's a matter of a switch that I have to flip. I am having issues connecting my other transmitter to a PC to make the changes to make it work with elevon mixing.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Bleh. That sucks. We are supposed to have a rare day of good weather tomorrow in the middle of winter. I'm going to see if I can get some planes in the air.

mayan

Legendary member
I am hoping to hit the field right after my 12 hour night shift tomorrow at 11am, before we get some more rainy weather.

mayan

Legendary member
Got most of the new TT / SpiTTT built. Last thing I have left is to connect the electronics, but that will wait for a few hours because I do want to get some rest.
227505D0-F0C8-4116-B546-14756B682D29.jpeg

Reactions: FDS

mayan

Legendary member
8174D1E4-1526-43B8-8451-0431830BAB43.png

Not at 11am like I wanted too but I did go flying today. Went with my mom which never saw my flying and today saw me flying for the very first time. I must say that it was right after eating lunch with a 1/3 of beer, videos tomorrow...