buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I made the decision before your post true that. But you post made me feel better with my decision :). About the quad my son has a lot of practice time compared my daughter and also was less stressed out about the farmer being there my daughter was freaking out. It took me a good while to get here to understand that the worst that can happen is that we would be asked to leave. I am still waiting on your video of flying the TT.

You were flying in that field when it was just mud. Now it's cultivated. Around my parts, farmers get pretty irate when people trample their crops. You might want to meet that guy and find out if you can still fly there, now that your growing season is here. Your daughter may have been right. ;)

As far as video of my flight goes. *sigh* Who do you think wants it more, my friend? I found out I can't fly where I thought I was going to. Now I am not only waiting for the weather to coincide with a day off, I have to find a place to fly.

The only benefit there is that while the weather is not conducive to flying, I can find a place to do it when it is. I wanted to end this with a LOL, but I can't. I am honestly feeling very frustrated. *sigh*

mayan

Legendary member
You were flying in that field when it was just mud. Now it's cultivated. Around my parts, farmers get pretty irate when people trample their crops. You might want to meet that guy and find out if you can still fly there, now that your growing season is here. Your daughter may have been right. ;)

As far as video of my flight goes. *sigh* Who do you think wants it more, my friend? I found out I can't fly where I thought I was going to. Now I am not only waiting for the weather to coincide with a day off, I have to find a place to fly.

The only benefit there is that while the weather is not conducive to flying, I can find a place to do it when it is. I wanted to end this with a LOL, but I can't. I am honestly feeling very frustrated. *sigh*
The dirty field and this one are actually two different fields I ditched the dirty field because it always gave me hard landings plus I do prefer the green scenery. The new field does look cultivated on the videos but when you get close it doesn’t seem that way. Regardless the farmer didn’t say a word so I guess he was too enjoying to watch me with the kids having fun throwing planes in the air :). I trust you are way more eager to go maiden the TT, however I figured that I need to kick you are with deadlines to see you fly :). Why is the place you wanted to go to isn’t going to work?

mayan

Legendary member
Right on brother! Nice to see you branching out from your TT. I think it's awesome you took the kids for a day. Good for you.
I love the TT and my SpiTTT too, because I feel I can fly them and not throw them in the air and wish for the best like with other models. Eventually there are a few planes I want to have available for flying all the time.
1) Tiny Trainer / SpiTTT
2) Mini Arrow
3) Simple Soarer
4) Aplha / Bravo / Charlie
5) Edge 540

**STOP** Thinking of it the list is long... to long to type on the way to pick some oranges with the family :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The dirty field and this one are actually two different fields I ditched the dirty field because it always gave me hard landings plus I do prefer the green scenery. The new field does look cultivated on the videos but when you get close it doesn’t seem that way. Regardless the farmer didn’t say a word so I guess he was too enjoying to watch me with the kids having fun throwing planes in the air :). I trust you are way more eager to go maiden the TT, however I figured that I need to kick you are with deadlines to see you fly :). Why is the place you wanted to go to isn’t going to work?
The fields looked the same. I was watching you and your planes. That's my mistake. As for the farmer? I do not not know social norms where you are at, but here, I would need to meet him just out of respect for the fact that I am on his property. Just to introduce myself, apologize for the fact he didn't know I'd been here, explain what I'd been doing, and ask if it was OK if I continued to do it.

The unused baseball field I was going to use for my first flight? Can't. It looked good from the road, not going to work. Closer inspection the other day revealed it's actually surrounded by a fence and multiple light poles, and the diamond was not in a field like I thought. It's actually closely surrounded by woods. Right outside the fence, surrounded by woods.

One day, I might could fly the DR1 in there, (plan to, actually) but not a true maiden first flight with a TT. *sigh*

It's rural South Carolina. Back when my family had horses, one escaped the fence. (Over the years, many escaped, but this a story of just one). I was trying to find it, before it got to far, and drove past a neighbor down their little dirt road in a rush to find the horse. I reached the end and my son and I fanned out through the woods. We found where he had apparently passed and jumped back in my car to head out and track him down on the next road over.

As we were passing back by my neighbor's shed, he was standing outside of it. Calmly cleaning a very large pistol. He asked me what I was doing on his property, and very apologetically, I explained the situation. He very graciously agreed that my reasoning was sound, but perhaps I should ask permission, the next time I came onto his property.

Moral of the story? Meet and ask. I've got a whole lot of that to do. There is not one spot of land around here that isn't cultivated, wooded, or has a house on it. Mayan, maybe that farmer would be OK with you playing with your children in his fields. That's a whole lot of field, and what a child could trample is pretty small. You won't know if you don't meet and ask, though.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
The fields looked the same. I was watching you and your planes. That's my mistake. As for the farmer? I do not not know social norms where you are at, but here, I would need to meet him just out of respect for the fact that I am on his property. Just to introduce myself, apologize for the fact he didn't know I'd been here, explain what I'd been doing, and ask if it was OK if I continued to do it.

The unused baseball field I was going to use for my first flight? Can't. It looked good from the road, not going to work. Closer inspection the other day revealed it's actually surrounded by a fence and multiple light poles, and the diamond was not in a field like I thought. It's actually closely surrounded by woods. Right outside the fence, surrounded by woods.

One day, I might could fly the DR1 in there, (plan to, actually) but not a true maiden first flight with a TT. *sigh*

It's rural South Carolina. Back when my family had horses, one escaped the fence. (Over the years, many escaped, but this a story of just one). I was trying to find it, before it got to far, and drove past a neighbor down their little dirt road in a rush to find the horse. I reached the end and my son and I fanned out through the woods. We found where he had apparently passed and jumped back in my car to head out and track him down on the next road over.

As we were passing back by my neighbor's shed, he was standing outside of it. Calmly cleaning a very large pistol. He asked me what I was doing on his property, and very apologetically, I explained the situation. He very graciously agreed that my reasoning was sound, but perhaps I should ask permission, the next time I came onto his property.

Moral of the story? Meet and ask. I've got a whole lot of that to do. There is not one spot of land around here that isn't cultivated, wooded, or has a house on it. Mayan, maybe that farmer would be OK with you playing with your children in his fields. That's a whole lot of field, and what a child could trample is pretty small. You won't know if you don't meet and ask, though.
Word!

mayan

Legendary member
WHY AM I SMILING?!
Well because I managed to get a wing airborn which just gave me a drive to fix or rebuild it :).
All the pieces are already cut out all that is left to do is rebuild tonight during my night shift. Wishing myself a calm shift so I can build :).

mayan

Legendary member
All the pieces are already cut out all that is left to do is rebuild tonight during my night shift. Wishing myself a calm shift so I can build :).
Wished a bit to early and found myself on the way to the hospital to be with my wife after she’s been driven to the hospital by an emergency ambulance, her mother came to watch the kids and I found someone to take my night shift. So no building night... :(

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
That's never good. Hope she's ok.
Yeah sort of. She was released after her saturation leveled back to normal and lung X-ray was clear. Barely got to sleep during the night because we came back at around 5am and woke up at 6:30am to take the kids to school. Think I have to build something otherwise I might fall asleep which is no good at this time of the day.

Thanks for asking. :)

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Sitting down to build myself a new Mini Arrow. :)
729976AA-D7D6-4E6F-8804-502FFCD5C360.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
Although it’s raining and my FB is not waterproof I decided to take the Mini Arrow to work and finish the build. Photos in the morning when I get home :)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Although it’s raining and my FB is not waterproof I decided to take the Mini Arrow to work and finish the build. Photos in the morning when I get home :)
If this one suffers the same fate as it predecessor I would recommend that you try a KFM wing first to get the fingers dialed in and then build a third one to enjoy.

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
If this one suffers the same fate as it predecessor I would recommend that you try a KFM wing first to get the fingers dialed in and then build a third one to enjoy.

Have fun!
What is the difference between the two?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
What is the difference between the two?
A KFM wing has no air inside and is made up of 3 layers of FB which make up a stepped wing profile
The LE is effectively 3 layers thick from the LE to the first step, (almost 100 mm).

It can absorb all but the most extreme of accidents and continue to fly!

See - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-kfm-wing-build.56868/page-2 Post #23 jross latest post at this time!

Just a thought and besides if done well it will last long enough for your kids to learn on!

Just a thought!

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
A KFM wing has no air inside and is made up of 3 layers of FB which make up a stepped wing profile
The LE is effectively 3 layers thick from the LE to the first step, (almost 100 mm).

It can absorb all but the most extreme of accidents and continue to fly!

See - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-kfm-wing-build.56868/page-2 Post #23 jross latest post at this time!

Just a thought and besides if done well it will last long enough for your kids to learn on!

Just a thought!

Have fun!
Your advice is solid gold like always. If I break the new Mini Arrow hoping I won’t I’ll definitely build this version untill I learn to fly this type of airframe.

FDS

Elite member
This time go really high before correcting the direction or trying to trim, your radio has a range of at least 500m, if it’s working right up to a Km, so height isn’t a problem. Range test if you are unsure about how well it’s all working.
You had the launch really good last time, it looked like if you had kept climbing you might have stayed up longer.