buzzbomb

I know nothing!
keep it around a minute.
I just realized you might be serious. No, man! One minute isn't long enough to experience anything in video. This is just my personal opinion: Three to six minutes seems to be optimal. Long enough to get across what is going on, not so long as to drag. Heck, I posted three videos of varying lengths of my son's first flights. I hope people watched them, but that wasn't the point. I posted them because they were exciting to me, and I wanted others to be able to share that. I don't edit any of my videos. They just work out to that length, and it seems to work.

I don't want to hold you back. If you've got something you want us to experience, and it takes a thirty minute video? I'll watch it. Knowing your intelligence level, and the fact you have completely absorbed everything I've just written? I'll welcome it. Just keep doing what you're doing. :love:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Its 17:15 AEST here!

Have fun!
Oh. Remembrance. Zulu time was our go-to. I hated it. I'm -5hrs GMT. Shoot. I haven't the mental power at the moment to figure all that out. So I'm going to take a shot at it anyway. Five-fifteen in the afternoon for you, Hai-Lee! Time zones don't matter when it's local. Boo-Yah! :cool:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oh. Remembrance. Zulu time was our go-to. I hated it. I'm -5hrs GMT. Shoot. I haven't the mental power at the moment to figure all that out. So I'm going to take a shot at it anyway. Five-fifteen in the afternoon for you, Hai-Lee! Time zones don't matter when it's local. Boo-Yah! :cool:
It is confusing for the uninitiated but here we run +10GMT and from your point of view it will very soon be tomorrow!

Have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
It is confusing for the uninitiated but here we run +10GMT and from your point of view it will very soon be tomorrow!

Have fun!
Then what is AEST? I actually assumed it was based Greenwich Mean Time. 17:15 for you is in the morning, local time?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I get it, Helmet Head. You're being obstinate. Frackin' funny! Yes from my point of view it will soon be tomorrow. I was just wondering how early mayan was going out before what I suppose is a night shift. Or if he was coming off a night shift and going flying. Ironically, Hai-Lee, it will very soon be tomorrow here as well.

For the uninitiated, there is a calendar day difference between. Thank you for making me think! :ROFLMAO::unsure:(n)

I've edited twice. I still don't don't know if I've got it right. I'm just going to bed. It's about 3:00 A.M. here. Ya'll deal with the math!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Then what is AEST? I actually assumed it was based Greenwich Mean Time. 17:15 for you is in the morning, local time?
Sorry for the delay in response but someone asked for some TT parts after a not so good flying day!

AEST means Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
It's 01:45 here. What time is it where you are? I'm ex-military. I'm good with the 24-hour clock.
It was around 8:45. I decided not to hit the feild to early to avoid the morning dew. I also love what you and hai-lee had going on too bad I missed it cause I was working on my Mini FT Edge build.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Took my Simple Scout and TT to the field today. Again to practice my take offs and landings and general flying. Didn’t go to well with either of them, here are the highlights of the day.

The Simple Scout took a hard beating and needs some serious repair, but it’s repairable!

F144173F-9B67-41AF-84CF-7686B263F3DC.jpeg

3B0B64A3-81E6-4AB4-9972-ABCBB68E2D08.jpeg

DAF53FC3-CA0E-4982-9216-24739935E192.jpeg

4D65A1A8-D2AC-48AE-B1C3-53825E1034AE.jpeg

0D56AC7D-D038-4E86-A9C7-F8A4049320CD.jpeg

77DB1A12-5E8A-4CE8-8132-B6EEE57ED3B5.jpeg

8B2E4DE0-BCE4-4216-A1EB-0E8B0455A74A.jpeg

The TT didn’t take any damage but did get lost in the field. It was only when I was about to quit looking for it and started heading towards the car that I found it. Went back up into the air to finish my battery and called it a day, even though I had another battery to fly with. Didn’t want to push my luck.

Any how I have a lot of fixing to do to get the Simple Scout to be flight worthy again but that will have to wait for later when my kids go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be sunny but windy, something I think that I can handle just not sure I want to push my luck with.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Owwoooo! Kind of said it all! I'm glad the Simple Scout is repairable, couldn't see the crash in the vid, but the aftermath pictures are very telling. I'm glad the TT took no damage. It may be hard to find in that field, but it would be harder to find a softer place to belly land as well!

Now you are video editing for highlights. You never cease to amaze me. It's all I can do just trying to get my TT ready for a flight or two tomorrow. What? What did I say. Yep. I've got some things I have to care of on my day off, but the TT is going into my car and going with me.

You crashed a bird, that's OK. You had some great flights and I got to hear Owwoooo! Don't be surprised if you hear that from me in the future. It perfectly describes so much!

mayan

Legendary member
The weather was suitable for flying over the last few days so I took advantage of it and went practicing. This morning like yesterday I put my batteries to chrage, and worked on my Mini FT Edge until I was ready to go to the field. I was expecting more wind than yesterday so I didn’t take the Simple Scout with me this time. What it’s fixed? Yes I fixed it.

AE25D84A-943F-4407-9E64-8F5E1BBB5179.jpeg

29DBB853-F843-4B85-9A59-37B7A0BFF6E7.jpeg

It’s got some bandages but that’s what I wanted. I wanted people to see that it’s ok to have a beaten up plane so long as you take care of it :).

Here is a short video with today’s highlights.

Any how had a good practice session today. Practiced rudder control today, kinda seem to forget to use it when I have ailerons. Also practiced doing loops and rolls. Didn’t get much landings close by but that’s ok, was happy with what I had learned.

I have decided change the motor on my TT from an A pack motor to a F pack motor. I think I’ll be able to make more from my TT practices that way, that will leave my A pack motors for other projects. I also have to finish of my Mini FT Edge 540 build today since I’d like to make some electronics order and to figure out what prop, motor, ESC combo to get for it. Aiming for a B pack motor with a 10x4.5 prop and 30A ESC.

Kendalf

Any how had a good practice session today. Practiced rudder control today, kinda seem to forget to use it when I have ailerons. Also practiced doing loops and rolls. Didn’t get much landings close by but that’s ok, was happy with what I had learned.
I tried flying with the sport wing on our Tiny Trainer yesterday. Definitely more of a handful than the 3-channel trainer wing! I also threw on a 6x4.5 prop (as opposed to the usual 6x3) because why not? Like you said, it's all about the learning! Had several "Yikes!" moments but thankfully no serious crashes, and can't wait to try it again! Great to see your posts and to see the progress you've made since the start!

mayan

Legendary member
I tried flying with the sport wing on our Tiny Trainer yesterday. Definitely more of a handful than the 3-channel trainer wing! I also threw on a 6x4.5 prop (as opposed to the usual 6x3) because why not? Like you said, it's all about the learning! Had several "Yikes!" moments but thankfully no serious crashes, and can't wait to try it again! Great to see your posts and to see the progress you've made since the start!
Did you get my message through to your son :)?

mayan

Legendary member
Ok well I finished my Mini FT Edge build finished but having problems with the weight vs thrust that I have which feels like is going to allow poor flying nothing close to 3D flying.

Please check it out and give me your feedback about my last post. Anything could help me at this point.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Ok well I finished my Mini FT Edge build finished but having problems with the weight vs thrust that I have which feels like is going to allow poor flying nothing close to 3D flying.

Please check it out and give me your feedback about my last post. Anything could help me at this point.
I really wish I could help, but as you are aware, I truly know nothing when it comes to RC aircraft.

I do have a suggestion, though. Make a new thread. Just for this question. The only people reading this, 35 pages in are those of us that are following. You might get a good answer from someone who hasn't been following your Journey.

Hyper46havoc

Is your esc calibrated with the sticks is 100%stick input giving maximum power to motor I take it you no how to calibrate esc? I'm new to all this