Hobbyking KK2 board....short life

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
After waiting a month for all the parts to build a quad, I finally get it all together and after a few tuning attempts i go to change the screen contrast and ...pffffff the screen went blank . It all seems to be working but i have no clue on what screen i am on, so i cant tune it....really peeved off

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
There is a reset procedure over on RC Groups KK2 Thread for just this issue.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613
Q&A question #12 as follows:

Q: I accidentally adjusted the contrast such that I cannot read the screen now.
Does anyone know how to do a "master reset" to default values?
A: Turn the KK2 off and on again.
push button 4
push button 3 (four times )
push button 4
push button 3
push button 4
push button 1
push button 3 (36 times)
push button 4

Hope this helps.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

Is this for real or did you plant this just to mess with my head, Thurmond? My LED screen on the KK2 went blank. I tried the above, but may have miscounted to 36. 36?!?!?

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Is this for real or did you plant this just to mess with my head, Thurmond? My LED screen on the KK2 went blank. I tried the above, but may have miscounted to 36. 36?!?!?

If nothing else, 36 puts the odds of accidentally pushing the right combination by accident into double digit exponentials.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Make note: a low battery will cause the ESC/UBEC voltage to sag which also can give a blank screen.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
There is also a bug that makes a blank screen sometimes. Read that on RCGroups. Don't know if it's fixed yet.

earthsciteach

I ordered another KK2 from GotHeliRC.com. I should have that on Tuesday. It costs $10 more than from HK International, but takes 3 days instead of 3 weeks to arrive.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I didn't see you mention it, but had you updated the FW on the wonky board?

I just ordered another one from HK International, but I was ordering a bunch of other stuff they didn't have in the US warehouse so I guess I'll be waiting for mine.

I just did this with my KK board (steveis 1.9) and set the contrast so high the screen is blank. I found the same rcgroups post but it isn't working...anyone?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
It's an LCD screen less like a iPhone and more like this -

PalmPilot.jpg

Best regards,
PCH