Hobbyking Nano-Tech

John Campbell

But then there would be nothing to film but a smoking lipo sack! :D

That wouldn't be very exciting.

True, but I like to see other episodes with Josh Scott... Without his glasses melted to his face :). LIPOS bur HOT. Also, they said they had a fire extinguisher around. I wonder if they had a class A B C, or a CLASS D fire extinguisher. What a lot of people do not realize is that a Lipo fire is a metal fire, and requires CLASS D. Class A B C is NO GOOD for LIPO Fires and I wish that they had pointed that out.

The different types of Fire Extinguishers

Class A Ordinary combustibles
Class B Flammable liquids & gases
Class C Electrical equipment
Class D Combustible metals

Tom O'Connell

Bixler FPV Mods Fantastic
guys i put this on youtube aswell but there was a mistake at the end of the vid. the next time said it was a nano-tech review :p
just thought i'd let you know :)

Daniel Williams

ok guys, i posted these vids on an australian forum and all it did was create a mess! everyone argueing about that nanos only last 10 cycles tp will last longer etc etc.... all the annoying stuff were sick of :p but someone did raise an interesting point, the nanos say 65-130C where as the TP only says 65C, whats the burst rate on those Tp packs because that may have changed the results slightly, like enough to show a difference as seen in the vids!

keep up the good work though guys, youve inspired some guys on this other forum to go out and do independant testing and get back to everyone! haha

thanks from across the pond in Aus!

Klonas

Finnaly LITETEST!
Couldn't wait for this episode when I saw that pic on facebook...
Great episode but I atleast would be very interested to know the difference between Turnigy and Flightmax batteries as long as reliability, power output and number of cycles go. They cost pretty much the same but is there a difference. Because you never mention any Flightmax batteries, mostly Turnigy ones in your clips and is that because they are better or because you just don't use the Flightmax ones?

How many of you noticed the preview for next week? I believe they are going to do a episode on the FrSky diy module. I have just purchased a used FM 7c and had stuff for the conversion in my cart. I wondered how the stock was on these with HK so I went ahead and ordered. Now I noticed the stock is down to one for the diy module. Wow! that was fast!

sandblaster

ok guys, i posted these vids on an australian forum and all it did was create a mess! everyone argueing about that nanos only last 10 cycles tp will last longer etc etc.... all the annoying stuff were sick of :p but someone did raise an interesting point, the nanos say 65-130C where as the TP only says 65C, whats the burst rate on those Tp packs because that may have changed the results slightly, like enough to show a difference as seen in the vids!

keep up the good work though guys, youve inspired some guys on this other forum to go out and do independant testing and get back to everyone! haha

thanks from across the pond in Aus!

Err... Me mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts.

What came to mind on reading your post. What keeps competition alive and well.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I think if people are too stuffy to give different products a try, at half the cost, that says more about them than the product or retailer.

Klonas asked about Zippy (Flightmax) and Turnigy. Well, I've always opted to pay a couple more bucks per battery for Turnigy ones. Mine have had more use and are still going, while one of my flying buddies got Zippy batteries and has had to replace his after much fewer cycles. And some of mine had a month of charging from the output plug (non-balancing)!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Just to add to that, I'll admit that HK stuff isn't always wonderful and trouble free, but value and accessibility is second to none. I'd have no chance of doing anything in this hobby without them.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
guys i put this on youtube aswell but there was a mistake at the end of the vid. the next time said it was a nano-tech review :p
just thought i'd let you know :)

Great episode as always!

btw. I saw that as well and I was wondering about what really comes up next week. I think something around modules for Tx´s to use 2,4Ghz on older Tx´s.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Great episode as always!

btw. I saw that as well and I was wondering about what really comes up next week. I think something around modules for Tx´s to use 2,4Ghz on older Tx´s.

Next week is the FrSky DIY module. Sorry for the title mistake.