HobbyKing Packaging for Shipping

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
How does HK pack their goods for shipping?

How well is stuff packaged?
Does stuff arrive broken because of bad packaging?
Do parcels come in various parts or as one box?
What information is on the outside of the box?
What packing materials do they use?
Does Hobby King charge for the packaging weight as well?

Pictures will be appreciated.

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Here is my own answer to this question:

http://flitetest.com/forum/showthre...ing-for-Shipping&p=17307&viewfull=1#post17307

Last edited:

marhar

The stuff is well packaged... usually in boxes, with things bubble-wrapped inside.

There's a return recept attached to the outside of the box that's labelled "hobby parts" or somesuch.

When you order, there's a shipping weight for each item... the shipping calculation is based on the combined shipping weight. If you have an oversized item they add a zero-priced box that has a shipping weight.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have heard of many people though that HK sometime delivers faulty Lipos, where one cell is just completely dead. That wouldn´t be a packaging mistake but would probably make you angry as you that it your first order from HK I suppose.

Do you already know how you´re going to pay? The best thing to use is Paypal. Have you got that?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I have heard of many people though that HK sometime delivers faulty Lipos, where one cell is just completely dead. That wouldn´t be a packaging mistake but would probably make you angry as you that it your first order from HK I suppose.

Do you already know how you´re going to pay? The best thing to use is Paypal. Have you got that?

I've bought several lipos from HK and have never had a problem. Now there is a class of lipos they sell very cheap that are the "seconds". Batteries that didn't pass initial inspection for some reason, and are being sold at a discount.

I wonder if these are the types they're having problems with.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor

I just confirmed my Paypal account today with a pre-paid credit card.

And I've decided to go with 2 x 1300's. More time, less cost with buddy code, and if one fails I have the other. :)

flyingbiscuit

I have bought many items from HK. If you buy a kit and some accessories they usually add them to the box the kit is in. Everything I have gotten has always been in good condition and packed very well. As for batteries, I have never received a battery with a bad cell out of about twenty LiPOs purchased from HK.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
How does HK pack their goods for shipping?

How well is stuff packaged?
Does stuff arrive broken because of bad packaging?
Do parcels come in various parts or as one box?
What information is on the outside of the box?
What packing materials do they use?
Does Hobby King charge for the packaging weight as well?

Pictures will be appreciated.

Looking at your question reminded me of a trusted friends video. Paul (aka BMSWEB)

By the way even with my ONE lipo from HK that came bad I will continue with them considering the nice price. Just make sure you check your stuff at your soonest available moment. Their warranties have time limits.

prateek13

I have ordered a couple of times and I am impressed by the quality of shipping and packaging by them:)
i never got anything delivered broken:D

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So what happens if my box comes with something missing, like a LiPo? What do i do? Has anyone had any problems with LiPos in the mail? Or stolen/lost mail?

ananas1301

So what happens if my box comes with something missing, like a LiPo? What do i do? Has anyone had any problems with LiPos in the mail? Or stolen/lost mail?

I don´t think that anything will be missing. It is more likely for one cell of Lipo to just be dead. And as far as I know you can´t do much about it. You would have to ship it back and that costs you more than the Lipo itself, so it wouldn´t make any sense, unfortunately

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don´t think that anything will be missing. It is more likely for one cell of Lipo to just be dead. And as far as I know you can´t do much about it. You would have to ship it back and that costs you more than the Lipo itself, so it wouldn´t make any sense, unfortunately

You don't live in my country :)

ananas1301

You don't live in my country :)

So what? If one cell of a Lipo is dead that is an issue before your Lipo was sent and is not dependend on where each of us life.

Or do you mean that your country is full criminals which steal lipos and bixlers from shippings? I ave no idea lol :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So what? If one cell of a Lipo is dead that is an issue before your Lipo was sent and is not dependend on where each of us life.

Or do you mean that your country is full criminals which steal lipos and bixlers from shippings? I ave no idea lol :)

My country is the 18th country on this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

What I've been taught by living in this country, is that if I fly in sight of someone else, they will most likely try to steal, kill, rape, take down, roundhouse-kick, kidnap, poison, or shoot my plane.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Sadly- If there is a problem with your shipment or order from HobbyKing, it is generally a nightmare to resolve. Their Customer Service department sucks, they know it sucks, they may be trying to address those issues but they are definitely presented with challenges. Hopefully your order will arrive just fine. Most of mine have. I have one order on the way from Hong Kong now.

I still look at HobbyKing for most of my purchases but, if I have a local supplier, I usually go there first.
I don't order anything time sensitive or if I have a deadline.
I try to order things that I can take an acceptable loss on, they are cheap enough that it is worth the extra wait and the additional pain.
Don't order anything around the Chinese New Year holiday. They are always backlogged and it takes them a while to recover.
HobbyKing has has stocking issues that have left me to seek other sources. I have not had a single problem with any of the other hobby companies I have dealt with.

A good company can provide a good experience when everything goes well.
A GREAT COMPANY can provide a GREAT experience even when there are problems.

These are companies that I have had only great service from.
Horizon Hobby
XHeli/HobbyPartz
CrashTestHobby
PlaneInsaneRC
HeadsUpRC

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Sadly- If there is a problem with your shipment or order from HobbyKing, it is generally a nightmare to resolve. Their Customer Service department sucks, they know it sucks, they may be trying to address those issues but they are definitely presented with challenges. Hopefully your order will arrive just fine. Most of mine have. I have one order on the way from Hong Kong now.

Well, wish me luck when I order...

PaulT

Mentor
I am sure everything will be fine. I am waiting for my
ninth order of the year with nothing but good service, good shipping and one third the cost
of buying domestically.
I have tried to support my local hobby shop but when they charge $39.00 for a
Turnigy 1600mah 3c 20c that I can get for around $10.00 From HK... Well you get the picture.