Rotor Riot!
Mentor
HobbyKing gave me a little present:

platinum.jpg

Don't ask how, I don't know.​

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've yet to figure out whether it's a certain period of time, or some magic ceiling. I thought it was the latter at $400-ish

teflyer

Full Circle
Maybe it depends on how much credits you havereceived over time... I think I have spent about 180 dollars and was a gold member. When I answered some questions and got some credits, all of a sudden..... Platinum member!, or maybe it is time... Has anyone ever gotten the discount emails that are supposed to come with being a Platinum member?
Welcome Platinum member!
We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims.
Platinum members can also enjoy the very best pricing from our store and receive exclusive discount emails.
As a Platinum member we value you as a customer greatly and will try our best to ensure your expectations are met.

By the way, colorex, Ha Ha! Awesome picture! Buy all the stuff Hobbyking has that isn't on Backorder!
Also, how did you get the picutre to show up without having to click on a link?

Last edited:

fred0000

dont know when mine changed either lol, plat was aquired very quickly though, welcome to the club lol

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
So is anyone above a platinum member? I've got 23 orders totally...well, i don't even want to add up the $$$$ amount and I'm still a platinum member.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Customer Type: Platinum Member (EliteClub)

Welcome Platinum member!
We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims.
Platinum members can also enjoy the very best pricing from our store and receive exclusive discount emails.
As a Platinum member we value you as a customer greatly and will try our best to ensure your expectations are met.

EliteClub member
You are currently an EliteClub member, which means you have either placed a substantial number of orders or contributed greatly to the R/C Community.
As an EliteClub member you are also offered certain privileges which will be communicated to you via email or in your account section (here) from time to time.
EliteClub members can also use the 'Bug-The-Boss' feature. Allowing you to send a short message directly to HobbyKings director informing him of an issue or suggestion.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Ive placed 112 orders for ??? dollars and just became member of the EliteClub. I respond once and a while to questions in the product discussion tabs in oder to help other members. I sometime place a review when I think it is usefull. But I must say that I see not much difference. Responding directly to Anthony-the-boss-Hand didnt have any results ;-) I actually dont mind what kind of member i am. As long as HK continues with introducing new products for those el-cheapo prices, I continue ordering products for me and my rc flying club members.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Seems like most of you are Platinum Members. Good for you.

I think you get small discounts on some things at Platinum Level. I'll have to enable the discount emails!

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I hope your bubble hasn't been burst, but practically everyone is 'platinum'. When you get that elite club membership you need to worry because it means you've sunk a lot of dough in HK!

G
platinum

teflyer

Full Circle
Honestly, I have gotten 0 discount emails from hobbyking. probably because everyone is platinum....

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
I hope your bubble hasn't been burst, but practically everyone is 'platinum'. When you get that elite club membership you need to worry because it means you've sunk a lot of dough in HK! G platinum

... *silence* ... :rolleyes:

mbernard

No requierement to become platinium ELITE

Guy's , more then 9k spent last year, and almost the same in the past 3 years. Got to platinium in less then 6 monts. Been there since then. Today i askeda CS agent what are the requirements to become an ELITE member..

My simple question was... What are the requirements (spending level's , contributions to forums, etc.. ?)
The ANSER from CS was No requirements SIR....

So, there are no specific requirements to go from Platinium to Platinium Elite..

Anyway, apart from the BUG the BOSS option, i dont see any advantages. And try the bug the boss, not shure you will get an answer....

Anyway, Im, done with HK, so no need for Elite.

Ive placed 112 orders for ??? dollars and just became member of the EliteClub. I respond once and a while to questions in the product discussion tabs in oder to help other members. I sometime place a review when I think it is usefull. But I must say that I see not much difference. Responding directly to Anthony-the-boss-Hand didnt have any results ;-) I actually dont mind what kind of member i am. As long as HK continues with introducing new products for those el-cheapo prices, I continue ordering products for me and my rc flying club members.