Solved Hobbyking question

I've only used Hobbykign once in the past and i couldn't remember if they were the company i had shipping issues with. I was supposed to get my package in a week but it took like 3 to get it. Is it normal for them to be really slow and late on their shipping times? I'm asking becuase I'm trying to build a guinea pig and have about a week to build it and get it running perfectly with a bomb drop for a community day at my club.

FDS

Elite member
Don’t buy from the China or out of country warehouses, they are fine if you use the nearest one. I get 2-3day shipping off the UK warehouse, if you are in the US be sure to get the one nearest you.
Amain who sell the FT stuff have express postage, if I was on a time limit like that I would buy the power pack with the kit and get it sent next day.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Like @FDS says, local warehouse for me is the UK and I've never had an issue with them or their delivery. Europe warehouse, okay'ish but rather slow for a warehouse just across the channel. China warehouse..... painfully slow.

Like @FDS says, local warehouse for me is the UK and I've never had an issue with them or their delivery. Europe warehouse, okay'ish but rather slow for a warehouse just across the channel. China warehouse..... painfully slow.
That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure I told my self I would only order batteries like their 2200 3s from them and thats about it.

Don’t buy from the China or out of country warehouses, they are fine if you use the nearest one. I get 2-3day shipping off the UK warehouse, if you are in the US be sure to get the one nearest you.
Amain who sell the FT stuff have express postage, if I was on a time limit like that I would buy the power pack with the kit and get it sent next day.
Trust me, I would, but I'm on a pretty tight budget. It also really sucks right now becuase I'm trying to upgrade my quad stuff and get some decent goggles and maybe crossfire as well, so I have a lot of saving to do, with minimal income.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
For me the "local warehouse" is USA. There used to be 2 US warehouses, now only one. It's on the west coast, the east warehouse has closed. It takes 7-10 days for me to get a USA order & 3-4 weeks to get a Hong Kong order.

For me, these shipping times are the same no matter who I order from (Hobby King, Banggood, eBay). If it is coming from a US coast, its about a week. If it's from China or other Asian country, it's 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
I didn’t know they had closed the other US warehouse. 2200mah 3s is a super common lipo size, you should be able to find that on a faster shipping option.
Also unless you fly lots of very far away bandos you don’t need crossfire. R9M can work very well with Flex firmware and well set up even the XM+ can do plenty far enough for most legal pilots. Skyzone 02’s are good value for goggles. A few Fatshark users are selling up to jump on the HD hype train so second hand Dominator HD3’s might be possible for a good price too.