137.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0612 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0612 (Medium).JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0611 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0611 (Medium).JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 0

MichiganFlyer

You guys Rock! I mean suck, now my 10yr old wants to do a funbat build. Yeah my son and I watch all your videos. Good stuff! The poatal guy even dropped off a Hobby King package today. Yehhhh, I have a motor and esc for my Yak. Maidan tonorrow!
Any hooo, Josh does an awsome Job! Keep the videos coming!
BTW David is a awsome guest to the show. Just stay out of the sun David.
You guys do an awsome job and keep it up! No matter who sponsors, you I will be watching.

Fishbonez

Agreed I still miss the reviews however, hey Chad say a monthly review? Truethfully though i always trusted your all reviews i think there was more of a "real bunch of guys with it" by the way I have seen Davids website once before and found it only by luck and i did not save it to my favorites anyone have a link?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Agreed I still miss the reviews however, hey Chad say a monthly review? Truethfully though i always trusted your all reviews i think there was more of a "real bunch of guys with it" by the way I have seen Davids website once before and found it only by luck and i did not save it to my favorites anyone have a link?

www.rcexplorer.se

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
Flite test is awesome. Even though they want to promote HK, they are still honest (mostly). :D

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Flite test is awesome. Even though they want to promote HK, they are still honest (mostly). :D

When have they been dishonest? One thing is to be outright dishonest, another is to omit or minimize a defect or only mention it subliminally.

bmsweb

Site Moderator

I have heard Josh Bixler on countless times point out things he has had to improve on models etc. I really don't understand what more you are expecting. I'm hoping the Sponsorship between HK and Flite Test continues for many years to come!

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
But obviously... you've never heard them say a product is total BS. They never pointed out stuff like the fact that the Bixler's CF spar is crap and breaks easily.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
But obviously... you've never heard them say a product is total BS. They never pointed out stuff like the fact that the Bixler's CF spar is crap and breaks easily.

That is true. But my Bixler's spar has taken some moderate abuse and has NOT broken yet! So not true for everyone!

Remember the Fox Glider episode? They obviously didn't need to say it was BS - they just demonstrated that.

Hamdhan

The Expert Newbie
That is true. But my Bixler's spar has taken some moderate abuse and has NOT broken yet! So not true for everyone!

Remember the Fox Glider episode? They obviously didn't need to say it was BS - they just demonstrated that.

True that

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
HK 500 GT Heli ..... not so good of a review ...

good review, not so good product ....

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
But in those videos they don't try to hide the properties of the helicopter. They show you just that it kept breaking all the time!

bmsweb

Site Moderator

I honestly think you need to really think before posting. The Spar in the Bixler is PERFECT. Its an aircraft you're not supposed to be crashing it or landing rough. That comes down to flying skills. There is nothing wrong with the bixler at all. If you're pulling extremely high G maneuvers then once again that's your fault, because you've purchased the wrong aircraft.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yup, second that. My Bixler spar is working perfectly stock. I've probably pushed mine a little harder than I should have on occasion (mucking about in the air with glydr's weakly powered parkjet to name one example) and no issues yet. Hell, this thing's been flown into a tree and had rocks, cricket balls, sticks and pinecones thrown at it too.

The only issues with the plane are the control horns (see any Jpower/Sky Angel plane) and a lack of threadlock on the motor mount.

I think the guys on the show have tact when it comes to faults with stuff they test - if it's pure awful, they don't show it (what would be the point of that???) and if it's got a few little foibles they'll fix it. I don't know how many times I've heard about people complaining about quality and CS of HK stuff when the fix usually involves some minor fiddling or another $2 part. I like the 'fix it and make it work' philosophy that the show projects - I wish there were more people like it in the world.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yup, second that. My Bixler spar is working perfectly stock. I've probably pushed mine a little harder than I should have on occasion (mucking about in the air with glydr's weakly powered parkjet to name one example) and no issues yet. Hell, this thing's been flown into a tree and had rocks, cricket balls, sticks and pinecones thrown at it too.

And on the other hand my friend in the mountains had a SOLID carbon spar in his airplane - and he broke it... So that is just up to the flyer. He now has a 8mm fiberglass rod in it. Let's see when he breaks it.

--

If you're looking for a reckless bad-product-basher, try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev5_afzGFYY