HobbyKing USA Info...

John Campbell

You can see it here at the BBB. Their US address seems to be:

10011 Bridgeport Way SW
Ste 1500, Pmb 312,
Lakewood, WA 98499-2332

With all the problems that I have had lately and the double shipment I am filing BBB on them. Promising me something free in my next order and then sending my a pack of Turnigy Stickers.... That is an insult, and my current order that just arrived missing parts. May have to start shopping some where else, even if it is more expensive.

John Campbell

I was trying to get there mailing address from them, but 2 people have disconnected me from CHAT. They are really getting on my BAD side!

John Campbell

Man, that sure is crappy... Hope you get something fixed...

Yeah... They really PO'd me today... Letting the BBB stand in.. Maybe I will get my shipping back from where they ripped me off the first time. I am not sure why they are so evasive about where there location actually is in Washington.. But I did find it after a short internet search without their help. Will keep the forum posted.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I tried contacting chat.

First time, I got online with Cheryl. She said "Hi, how can I help you" and I said "Hi Cheryl" and poof, chat session closed.
Second time, didn't even get to say hi, chat session closed.

Third time I got online with Ivy, the following was said:

You:
I have a question, I hope it's not too personal...
4confused.gif
Some friends are having problems with HK support, it takes forever to get a reply, and sometimes chat sessions close for no reason... I suposse this is because of the overload from the Chinese new Year?

Ivy:
Sorry
Ivy:
the internet is not very good
You:
Oh, so that may be the reason for the chat dropping out?
You:
Well, I understand that, I know it can be frustrating...
You:
Thanks for answering my question!
Ivy:
Thank you for your understanding
Ivy:
Have a great day! Bye

I can feel your disappointment with HK. It is indeed frustrating when you get ripped off like that. Of course, I haven't had anything to complain over so far, but if I do, I'll probably feel like you do right now.
I don't know if it's true about the internet connection, but sometimes they'll hang you up because they don't know what to do. I know it's very unpolite but they probably get sworn at all day long from everybody because of HK's methods...

Good luck in contacting them successfully!

John Campbell

I tried contacting chat.

First time, I got online with Cheryl. She said "Hi, how can I help you" and I said "Hi Cheryl" and poof, chat session closed.
Second time, didn't even get to say hi, chat session closed.

Third time I got online with Ivy, the following was said:

I can feel your disappointment with HK. It is indeed frustrating when you get ripped off like that. Of course, I haven't had anything to complain over so far, but if I do, I'll probably feel like you do right now.
I don't know if it's true about the internet connection, but sometimes they'll hang you up because they don't know what to do. I know it's very unpolite but they probably get sworn at all day long from everybody because of HK's methods...

Good luck in contacting them successfully!

My internet is perfect and strong, 30 meg down, 10 meg up and rock solid.... I never get disconnected from their site. I find it hard to believe that there interconnection on there chat server is that bad... I have talked to them quite a few times over the years, Only time I have ever gotten disconnected is when I ask for their USA address. They do not want to give it out. Not sure what the big deal about that is...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
My internet is perfect and strong, 30 meg down, 10 meg up and rock solid.... I never get disconnected from their site. I find it hard to believe that there interconnection on there chat server is that bad... I have talked to them quite a few times over the years, Only time I have ever gotten disconnected is when I ask for their USA address. They do not want to give it out. Not sure what the big deal about that is...

Maybe they're not allowed to give such information, but hanging up is still not the right way to say "we can't tell you"...

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
HobbyKing wants to be a world class company.

Attn:
HobbyKing- You need to develop a world class customer service organization!
Any company can give good service when everything goes right.
A GREAT company can still give GREAT service even when things get messed up!

John,
There are companies out there that will not only give you good service. They will take care of problems when they do happen.
Here are a few of companies that I have dealt with that understand what customer service means.

Horizon Hobby- Excellent warranty coverage and customer service
HobbyPartz- I know my experience is not universal but I have had several good customer service experiences with them.
PlaneInsane RC- Very small company but excellent customer service

Other companies that I have had only good experiences with.

crashtesthobby.com
Heads Up RC

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
For me HobbyKing is one of those companies as well. I've received nothing but good service from them, never had anything missing from my orders, and the one time I had to RMA something, it was an easy process and shipped back to their lakewood, WA address. Problems arise, there's plenty of negative HK feedback out there for sure, maybe I've just been lucky...but then again I have about 50 orders with no problems.

But the best customer service I've dealt with in the Hobby so far is Horizon...Funny though that the few orders I've placed with HH I've had more items arrive damaged than my HK orders. Still, I just call Horizon and they replace the item no question asked and don't require a return of the defective product (of the ones I've returned at least).

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
bicyclemonkey- I haven't had any problems with missing items. I know people that have, and their experience has been more like the experience John seems to be having. My guess is that HobbyKing is experiencing growth pains. I have mostly gone elsewhere because of stocking problems. If they could keep fully stocked, I accept a certain amount of risk when placing my orders and would probably have never looked elsewhere.

So, not a challenge, but, when you did your RMA, was it for an item originally ordered from the US warehouse? Or was it from Hong Kong. If HK now accepts RMAs and warranty returns at the US warehouse (for items ordered internationally) that would go a long way to address some of my main concerns.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Yes, my order shipped from Hong Kong, had a bad OrangeRX reciever and they had me ship it back to the USA warehouse.

John Campbell

John, can you see this test post?

I see it today, but I could not see it yesterday. Clicked on my link yesterday and did not come up, and yesterday it was not on my subscribed list. Now it has returned... Maybe a glitch in the software somewhere.

Klonas

Anthony in the interview I believe said that HK support staff is unable to close the chat. No such function on their side.

John Campbell

Anthony in the interview I believe said that HK support staff is unable to close the chat. No such function on their side.

I have problems believing that, besides, I know the software they are running. Yes they can close it from remote, otherwise when they get a hung connection they couldn't get out of it.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Speaking on the subject of customer service......I have dealt with Horizon for years, and I must say that I have had amazing experiences with them. Their customer service is absolutely fantastic. I bought a Blade 400 heli at my LHS and on the 9th flight it threw a main rotor off while in idle-up. It zinged past my head at like 100mph and landed down in my yard 75 feet away. I called them, and sent them photos of the rotor head, and not only did they give me a brand new heli, they upgraded me to the 450. (which had only been out for a few months) My 450 on its 4th flight had a motor bearing that scattered while I was hovering at about 20 feet high. was able to auto it down safely, and the next day they had a new motor in the mail to me no questions asked, and didnt even want to have the old one back. I am extremely happy dealing with them, their people are friendly and very helpful.

Eric