Hobbyking Vampire

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Great show! Darn Josh B, between this episode and the PTS Mustang, you've really greased a couple landings.

I loved the sound of this EDF. It's not as high pitched and whiney as most.

All in all, a very impressive show!

Manfet

Yes the show was very good. I don't know why but I liked it more than the other recent ones. Probably because I like the plane also. Hopefully it won't get in the De-Warehouse in the near future. Shouldn't spend such huge amounts of money. (Just bought most of the things for a "David Windestall" Tricopter V2.5)

Banjofrog

Another great show Guy's, grew up watching this bird flying around Australian air base where my Dad was stationed and I can't wait for the release. I am for certain adding this beautiful bird to my hangar. Oh boy come on Hobby King. :eek:

Shaun. :)

John Campbell

Great Job on this one.... Will defintly put this one on my want list. Great flying plane (or at least Josh makes it look good).

con244

The Vampire in Australia

The De Havilland Vampire was the first jet used by the Royal Australian Airforce. We even built them here. I remember seeing this one http://www.saam.org.au/ourvampire.html when it was used as a display outside the S.A. Air Training Corps in Adelaide South Australia. Always has been a very beautiful and unusual jet. The review was almost enough to persuade me to buy one, but not ready for edf yet.
Cheers
Con

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Fantastic episode and a great flying plane. As others have commented, it sounds really good too. I'm not overly taken by the look/shape though...

Ah, just realised what it is that doesn't feel right. It's the outlet, which of course needs to be the way it is. Here I was thinking I wasn't a scale type of guy...

Last edited:
I like the prospect of it being a not-so-underpowered edf model from Hobbyking. That's the biggest downfall to a lot of the cheaper receiver-ready jets offered anywhere. You end up dropping money on a new power system with so many that they aren't nearly the good deal you thought. If this actually can carry itself with some authority like Josh describes, I'll be keeping my eyes open for it!

I definitely like the different look of it too,
-Jeff

wadsie

i remember seeing this one on hobby king but i didnt like it, but now flite test has done a review on it i want to get it josh.b does a good job at reviews and i agree it sounds good.

Klonas

Lol yeah :D
But funny tags are always fun to read.

Would youtube really suggest a tag of UFO?? :D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It might be a left over from previous episodes that had UFO connections. Some of the night flying ones would apply.

shawndae

Yep - This was one of the better episodes. Now I must have a Vampire. I wonder when this plane will be available from Hobby King.