Hobbyzone Sport Cub S BNF and RTF owners thread

fish

That is the baby. In my video I am using a 250mah battery by hyperon a 250mah 25C rated 1S. my bad I said 240mah.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
Fish, you should do an article on the battery upgrade. Detailing the adaptor, the tape holder you created and the specific batteries. I am sure a lot of folks would get something out of it. You could even add in your Mobius setup.

fish

I may just do that gather up a better video, images and info, and head to the article section? there are two, one is all FT starters. the other is the one I guess.

Last edited:

lazermule

I'd sure like more info on the brushless outrunner conversion if anyone could eloborate on that. I have upgraded the batteries and flown with a keychain camera in a pretty brisk wind and this plane is great. I will definitely buy a larger cub now with the same SAFE technology.

LM

fish

weather has been bad. Spring is near. D.S.T. is in a few days/and when this wetness goes away the cub S will come out to play. Not sure I want to be in a muddy park. a few more weeks it be Norm again

Youknowwhatimean

Capt_Beavis

HH didn't have an 250s in stock but I found these at a local hobbyshop in 2 packs.

http://www.amazon.com/4-Pack-Lectron-Pro-3-7-volt/sim/B00J1DY6DY/2

I picked up a pair of 180s but I haven't picked up the 300s yet.

Fish, how do you do your button programming?

I follow the instructions that come with the manual, but I don't reverse the gear switch. I then leave the plane in Mix1. The gear switch goes down to get into Advanced mode and if I get into trouble I can just pull up on the switch (my finger rests right under it) and put myself into Beginner mode and the plane levels. I find the flap switch useless for a panic button because of the location.

fish

I use a DX6, are you using a DX6I, big difference if asking me? I can switch around my switches. I have two DX6's I like to try to keep it all the same. my bind is panic near the antennae left side. My flights front left next to flap I think, and D/r expo to front right, I also toss a throttle cut to the back right.

should do another how to. I try to follow the book, the DX6I I own as well, broken gimbal lol.

Batts look good if they are the same plug you are good, if not you may have to order the next size up, 180's are good.

Capt_Beavis

I already ordered the connector. Yeah, the DX6 would be nice. I have the DX6i. I have 5 other mouths to feed.

fish

Yes back then the DX6I cost $150 give or take, today the DX6 cost not much more, I hear ya . I guess this hobby can be quite expensive t ill you find the plane that will last forever.

Capt_Beavis

I got my DX6i with the Phoenix RC software, so it was a bit of a savings. The DX6 is one of my long term buys. I hope to get both of my daughters flying on their own, then I have an excuse to get another Tx.

fish

that is a good saving to get a sim tx. the time was to get the DX6 when pre-ordered. or whenever there is a deal, like next one Mothers day oops fathers day.

Capt_Beavis

Inverted flight gone wrong tonight. I nosed into the dirt pretty hard but the plane looks pretty good, one crack and I had to push the nose out of the prop. I was really surprised there wasn't more damage.

fish

few clicks high not high enough if asked, panic and switch on hand,did not get to use.

fish

today I chose not to fly the SCS. I flew some other planes and well glad I did not fly the SCS today dead calm day, but **** on the floor. I am happy with the SCS I own two of them. I maysell off some planes and say FISH keep to the simple stuff in life. Won't cost you a whole lot to have fun flying good stuff, will cost a you a ton flyin bad one's.

Hugo

Hi Guys:
I have a question: Recently, I bought the Sport Cub S Airplane model, and I have the Spektrum Dx5e, but I don't know if with this RC control I can enable & use the three flight modes which brings the plane (Basic, Intermediate and Expertise) and also the Panic Button.

Thanks in advance for your commentaries.

fish

It will need a computer Radio, the DX5E Older is not, the newer will be the one you are after. Even the DX4vnewer model. hope that helps out