Hobbyzone Sport Cub S BNF and RTF owners thread

fish

Sport Cub S

I am a proud owner of one and enjoy sharing my fun. starting a thread here, to post all info in one spot, video's, mods and more.

If you are a noob looking to get a plane. maybe some of us owners can offer you our experience on it. This is a 4 ch plane, with SAFE technology that basically very easy to fly. All you have to do is give it throttle and turn her. bring throttle down and glide her in for a landing. Sounds very simple, with a few simple steps you are flying.

Will be updating here with some pictures and a video soon to come.

So in the mean time. and hoping others will join in lets get this topic going.

FISH

Last edited:

fish

To get things started, I find trimming is needed I fly, see how she reacts, land pinch the U bends I repeat, then only do I electronically trim. if needed. Just a tidbit thanks . hope to hear some stories enjoy.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I had to do a lot of mechanical trim on the elevator. Once I got that straightened out it was great. I had her out today and did some more inverted and knife edges. My knife edges are horrible and I ended in the clover patch once, but that is why I was flying over it. No damage at all.

Great idea, after fixing my motor/battery issues I have had a great day flying. Several tree plane interfaces and even a trampoline incident ! All this resulted in the loss of a wheel and several re-glues on the motor.

Anyway big smile and great fun had today, it flyers really well and is great in beginner mode.

Made a set of skis which work really well. I will post a picture shortly.

So here are my skis ... made from a bit of plastic from a file divider. IMG_0017.jpg

A good day had, managed multiple circuits left and right hand and some figure of eight patterns and some pretty nice landings if I do say so myself. Much much easier than flying helis that I used to dabble in 10 years ago !!!! Looking forward to seeing everyones development in this thread.

Capt_Beavis

I had my girls both flying the plane today. There was even a steady wind but the plane handled it pretty well. this is a must have plane for most pilots.

fish

Either way works well, thanks. thanks.

500mah batt pg 5

Last edited:

fish

Not a pro, wanted to do a video, but kept it on a level of general level

In beginner's Mode, the Safe runs the Plane. all we do is give thrust, she climbs. right or left she turns, drop sticks she lands herself. And with weight added, the Battery can be placed on. Other Forum members complained...

Switching to advance modes, you will get a different feel.

Longer battery for FPV, flight, led, whatever. the choice is up to you not to over weigh her down, but get something that works best, for your needs. For me

15-45 min of flight time, more control in windier conditions.

FISH

Battery is a 250MAH mcq-X plug Mybad.

Last edited:

Capt_Beavis

Thanks for answering the questions, Fish, it is much appreciated? Why did you roll the music over yourself at the end?

fish

I was finished and ended the discussion, I maybe had just a few more seconds of talking saying well that's a wrap. next time I shall sign out and then add it in, sorry bout that. I am working on better endings and was trying something different.

fish

I am sure the 500mah will be when times are windy and the 240mah is the ultimate fly battery

Big-daddy204

Bigdaddy204
Cubs are great to fly.....

Hey Fish,
glad to see others like the Cub. I started flying on the HobbyZone SuperCub, that is such a cool plane and VERY easy to learn how to fly. The nice part about the plane for me is the flexability of the plane and with the AS3X the thinkn will not crash. I love this plane. I have done numerous upgrades on mine such as replaced the geared motor and installed a outrunner motor along with Ailerons and Flaps. With a minor CG adjustment the plane flys just if it were right out of the box. Have fun with the Cub, you won't regret your purchase. :cool:

fish

Hey Fish,
glad to see others like the Cub. I started flying on the HobbyZone SuperCub, that is such a cool plane and VERY easy to learn how to fly. The nice part about the plane for me is the flexability of the plane and with the AS3X the thinkn will not crash. I love this plane. I have done numerous upgrades on mine such as replaced the geared motor and installed a outrunner motor along with Ailerons and Flaps. With a minor CG adjustment the plane flys just if it were right out of the box. Have fun with the Cub, you won't regret your purchase. :cool:

ThanksBig-dadd4.. The Super cub 48inch wing is awesome, the newer sport cub takes it spot, 52 inch wing, and options for the flaps. with AS3X. The UMX sport cub S yes totally a great small plane to fly all around. these Cub crafters are a blast.