• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly In aka HHAEFI 2011

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
The Chipmunk wanted to return to the field at Hodges Hobbies. Fortunately an event was nearing, the annual fall fly in known as HHAEFI. So, I put in a request for some time off from work, we packed up the truck, and we made the 5 hour journey.

CIMG0138.jpg CIMG0139.jpg

As we drove into Americus, the threat of rain became a reality.

CIMG0141.jpg

But we finally made it to the field, and there was the official greeter.

CIMG0142.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
We arrived!

CIMG0144.jpg CIMG0146.jpg

It was cooling off, late, and the Chipmunk is always hungry, so an offer to go get something warm to eat was welcome!
CIMG0149.jpg CIMG0150.jpg

The Chipmunk and I made a run to Walmart, for some essential last minute supplies.
CIMG0151.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
After that, things were a bit of a blur. We fell into a comfortable cycle. The first few days were damp, with rain at night. At one point we were hard hit with a storm that I collapsed our tent for, so the wind wouldn't take it away. Our bedding got soaked, and we made our way to a laundromat to get them dry again. Normally I would recount the entire tale using the order of the pictures to help keep it chronological but I used too many formats. Cell phone cam, DSLR, point and shoot, gopro... I'll just go forth with a break down of the events.

Mornings were for flying...

Attachments

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
The rivalry between GA and Fl got so hot, that it was determined to have a all or nothing combat session, between the two sides. Man to man, one on one, a fair fight to determine who was the best... or that was the plan. Them Florida guys aren't very good at counting.

Attachments

FlyingMonkey

Stuck in Sunny FL
Staff member
Admin
Then it was time to eat dinner, which oddly enough, I didn't capture any images of other than the first night. The guys cooked an excellent meal of chicken for the group on the first official night of HHAEFI, and it was awesome. I missed out on the Saturday night meal of Boston Butt.

After dinner, it was time to enjoy one of the benefits of darkness. Night flying!

Attachments