Holy *&%#@##$$ This thing's a whip.

I've had this wing up in the air a couple of times. Even had one successful flight. But man is it touchy. I've set the elevator to very untouchy, so to speak and the ailerons to the same. On high rates I've given the ailerons a little more leeway but kept the expo high. Around 75%. But that was after these attempts. :black_eyed:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Throw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holding it does not allow it to get some speed under it. look how your ft cruizer had to get moving before it lifted off.

eagle4

i agree with DAFVFD58, you need air moving over your wings to produce some amount of lift, cause before your motor is producing enough thrust to drag it through the air it needs to glide a little bit.

unless you put a much more powerful power system on the plane ;)

unless you put a much more powerful power system on the plane ;)

Hmmmmmm ... is that a tempt? Roll-on-floor.gif

BTW I had the girl launch the wing today. It flew out of her hands and ran straight into the camper shell on my truck. Luckily it didn't break the glass. :black_eyed:

MrGravey

Hmmmmmm ... is that a tempt? View attachment 10214

I put a 2200kv motor on mine and it screams now. Of coarse I have had a few run ins with random things. Mostly the ground. I'll say this, if you step up the motor that much make sure you build this thing TIGHT!!! Mine got a little wiggle in it over time and finally pulled itself apart in the air. It made for an interesting visual at least.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Still say you need to toss it. That holding on will only cause you problems. You will not let go with both hands at the same time cashing it to flat turn

MrGravey

Hey Mate. You got a video of that?

ive just started on a new combat wing. Should be interesting when finished.

If you are talking to me no I don't have a video yet. I will make sure to grab something the next time I get to take this plane out. Fair warning, getting this plane in the sky is tricky sometimes. You have to put the throttle up higher than you would think and kind of throw the thing. I like to get someone else to help me with that part if I can.

I'll try, thats all I'll promise.