Hooking up FPV gear

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
between the pbd and the camera, no, its coming from the vtx. Thought it doesnt matter where the ground is coming from.

The way you have it wired will cause the cameras power current to flow through the VTx which could burn it out. If you can only get one ground to the camera, take it to the PDB. If you can squeeze 2 on that pad, go to the VTx and the PDB.

johnreto

The way you have it wired will cause the cameras power current to flow through the VTx which could burn it out. If you can only get one ground to the camera, take it to the PDB. If you can squeeze 2 on that pad, go to the VTx and the PDB.

Ok, so like this, Batt. to PDB, PDB to Esc, PDB to cam, PDB to VTx and video(yellow) from VTx to cam?
sketch-1525550599100.png

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I didn't look at the PDB closely, I didn't know they even still sold that style. I will work though, just have to use the ESC pads rather than the AUX pads.

Good catch Bill.

johnreto

I didn't look at the PDB closely, I didn't know they even still sold that style. I will work though, just have to use the ESC pads rather than the AUX pads.

Good catch Bill.

so solder the cam n vtx power cables to the extra esc pads, ok.
Havent had time to see if it works, other priorites,,,

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
One last question before you power that up.

Is that Runcam split a V1 or V2.? If it is V1 do NOT power that off the aux or esc pads on that pdb. That is direct battery voltage and will smoke a V1 as they are rated at 4.8 v (5v works) they are extremely sensitive to voltage ranges.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor

Is that Runcam split a V1 or V2.? If it is V1 do NOT power that off the aux or esc pads on that pdb. That is direct battery voltage and will smoke a V1 as they are rated at 4.8 v (5v works) they are extremely sensitive to voltage ranges.

It's a mini, it's good with 5-17V

johnreto

its the new one, in the manual it says it can be powered directly from the lipo (y)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Does it fly yet? Does it fly yet? Does it fly yet? I gotta go potty...

Sorry too much coffee today.. stuck indoors with on and off rain all day.

Good luck on the maiden voyage. Be interesting to see if there is a difference in the video between my V1 and your Mini. My issure is no actual camera settings are available like light to dark transitions and color balance like on the swift series. If they could get that on board one of these I think that would be the ultimate go pro killer.

Here is my V1 on a sunny day now that it has a home in my Alien.

johnreto

Does it fly yet? Does it fly yet? Does it fly yet? I gotta go potty...

Sorry too much coffee today.. stuck indoors with on and off rain all day.

Good luck on the maiden voyage. Be interesting to see if there is a difference in the video between my V1 and your Mini. My issure is no actual camera settings are available like light to dark transitions and color balance like on the swift series. If they could get that on board one of these I think that would be the ultimate go pro killer.

Here is my V1 on a sunny day now that it has a home in my Alien.

woohooo, fpv works, got video (y) very cool :D just gotta mount it on one of my planes now :D

thanks again for the help