Horizon Hobby Landing with flaps on the P-47

John Campbell

I am sure that it wasn't an intentional slip. It's up there with those mistakes made in movies, where the guy is drinking from a half glass of water, then they show a full glass a moment later.

Look at Star Trek Bloopers from the Original Series... Rock walls that move, Doors that fail to open.

I wonder, has Josh been able to obtain a Spektrum or Horizon Next Strap. If not, I am sure it is now in the budget :)

ryramZ

I have this plane and it will always be one of my favorites. It settles in so nice and has such a wide footprint it really is a great
confidence builder. The thunderbolt is a great step up for those who are ready to amp up their warbird experience but still want a stable platform. Excellent Video and info guys. I've got hundreds of landings on my eflite retracts and they're still kicking. I'm using the pre bent struts I like them a lot. Little crosswind huh guys.

sandblaster

It can be done with a dx6i, check the manual I did it to mine. It's awesome

Have checked the manual. Only a two position switch in the 6, the 8 has three position switches. Manuel only shows Norm and Land. I sure do not know how to make it work with the 6.

John Campbell

Have checked the manual. Only a two position switch in the 6, the 8 has three position switches. Manuel only shows Norm and Land. I sure do not know how to make it work with the 6.

I had looked at the DX6i before and had thought that I had seen the 3 position, but looking in the manual it apparently up or down. Check out page 15 on the manual. Manual linked under manual here.

Referencing the manual:
"FLAPS The Flaps function adjusts flap travel. The elevator column is an optional flap to elevator mix in switch position 0 (NORM (normal)) and position 1 (LAND (landing)) mode.
A Flap/Gyro switch position shown by + (0=Norm, 1=Land) B Position value ( 100 to 0 to 100)"

Last edited:

sandblaster

I had looked at the DX6i before and had thought that I had seen the 3 position, but looking in the manual it apparently up or down. Check out page 15 on the manual. Manual linked under manual here.

Referencing the manual:
"FLAPS The Flaps function adjusts flap travel. The elevator column is an optional flap to elevator mix in switch position 0 (NORM (normal)) and position 1 (LAND (landing)) mode.
A Flap/Gyro switch position shown by + (0=Norm, 1=Land) B Position value ( 100 to 0 to 100)"

Yes. The way I understand you adjust amount of travel and can mix in elevator to keep level flight when flaps deploy. That all works great. To get two down positions on flaps looks like one has to have an DX8.

John Campbell

I know the DX7 and the most JR 2.4 Ghz Radios support 3 position, plus on the 9503 (which I have) you can have them linear where you can set them anywhere, just programming the end points and sub trims.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I know the DX7 and the most JR 2.4 Ghz Radios support 3 position, plus on the 9503 (which I have) you can have them linear where you can set them anywhere, just programming the end points and sub trims.

My DX8 has a lot of options such as end points and speed. I really like being able to slow them down.

John Campbell

My DX8 has a lot of options such as end points and speed. I really like being able to slow them down.

Yes, I like the rate control, especially for my Flaps, Gear, Bay Doors. Makes them look so much more scale, and for Flaps as Josh states doesn't immediately affect the flight characteristics, but does so gradually.