Horizon Hobby Super Cub

earthsciteach

No one would argue that the HZ Super Cub is the best RC trainer EVER! Ok, many would, but it is a plane on which quite a lot of people take their first steps in to RC flight. It also is an airplane that generates A LOT of discussion regarding modifying to 4 channel and brushless motors.

While there is abundant information on this subject, it may be worthwhile for flitetest to do an episode on this plane as stock (for beginners) and an episode dealing with upgrades. I'd be happy to share my upgraded cub on flitetest!;)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
No one would argue that the HZ Super Cub is the best RC trainer EVER! Ok, many would...
drop me squarely in this category. Best trainer ever. Possibly best plane ever.

I taught myself to fly around a year ago with a Slow Stick. Learned a lot, but if I had to do it over again would have started with a Supercub. The Supercub is great for a beginner and when you get a little bored drop a brushless in it and it comes alive!

A friend of mine is working on a trainer project. I can't post pics yet but it also looks like it'll be a great trainer. Enough to displace the Supercub as number one trainer on my list? -posssibly, we'll see. The Slow Stick is still great but I would not recommend as a first plane- too fragile

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I just caught the episode. Way to go Flite Test!

I will enjoy seeing two shows a week again.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I'd like to see two shows on the Supercub

One for the RTF LP version. Probably the BEST trainer on the market. 200 bucks, one box and you are in the air.

One that highlights the MANY mods that can be done on this plane to bring it to life. I fly mine and nobody pays any attention to it until it takes off an turns into a dot way up in the air. And then comes down and drops bombs on peoples heads in true Flitetest Bomb Drop challenge fashion!