Hot glue.

LGFlyer

I am building my first foam kit - Flitetest (Corsair). Is there a specific type of hot glue you recommend? What about Foam Tac? Any thoughts on Hot glue vs Foam Tac?

Sero

Elite member
I am building my first foam kit - Flitetest (Corsair). Is there a specific type of hot glue you recommend? What about Foam Tac? Any thoughts on Hot glue vs Foam Tac?

Stanley and Gorilla hot glue are my main go to's. That being said I have found most work fine. I've been meaning to try foam tac, so no experience here.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Any thoughts on Hot glue vs Foam Tac?
FoamTac works well, it's lighter but a slower build than hot glue.

For me, FoamTac is a mail order thing, FabricTac is available locally and works well, it's slower drying than FoamTac. I prefer hot glue, if you are careful not to apply too much, you can minimize the weight difference. Hot glue is much quicker to build with, minimal drying time. I don't care about the brand, I mostly use the Walmart brand of hot glue.

LGFlyer

FoamTac works well, it's lighter but a slower build than hot glue.

I prefer hot glue, if you are careful not to apply too much, you can minimize the weight difference. Hot glue is much quicker to build with, minimal drying time. For me, FoamTac is a mail order thing, FabricTac is available locally and works well, it's slower drying than FoamTac.
Thanks very much.