hotwax Plan Index

hotwax

Hi Daniel,

both look fine, with a 30 A ESC and a 10 x 4.7 slowfly prop you're up and away. The BEC should deliver a minimum of 3A.
Battery 11.1 V 2200 mAh will fit.

9gr servos are just fine. If you want to do wild things, 11 gr metal gear will do the trick. Then the BEC should deliver 4 A.

And you need 2 wheels.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Hi Daniel,

both look fine, with a 30 A ESC and a 10 x 4.7 slowfly prop you're up and away. The BEC should deliver a minimum of 3A.
Battery 11.1 V 2200 mAh will fit.

9gr servos are just fine. If you want to do wild things, 11 gr metal gear will do the trick. Then the BEC should deliver 4 A.

And you need 2 wheels.

wow! it's that big, huh?

Brett_N

Werner - great planes. Any chance you have an A4 template for the funk-max? (Unless I missed it on the thread somewhere...)

hotwax

Well Brett,

the FB Funk Max is a very nice flyer but was intended to be just a testbed for the balsa and tissue one. For instance I was not trusting the angles the wings were mounted, but surprise, it went well.

Some areas are quite crude and not ready for publishing. The landing gear mounting is such an area.

By now plans are paper only. Maybe I should have a second look at the plans, do more flights and let the imagination work.

No promisses

hotwax

Sad News,

with the ending of Google+ I had to remove all links to my building pictures.

Good News,

I was busy drawing new plans for new planes.

hotwax

Finally the FB Midi Trainer is up. I modified my first plane making the nose a bit shorter, close the floor and offer a hatch for the batterie.

Midi Trainer.jpg

hotwax

I reorganised post #1 and let you get a glimpse of my latest flying creations.

FB Beam, FB Simple Pacer, FB Little Buzzer and FB Doggie Fly
Stay tuned for the plans to come.

hotwax

Hi Grifflyer,

on the FB Strange Eagle I use an EMAX CF 2812, ESC 20A, Battery 11.1 V 1300mAh, 4 Servos 9gr. You can beef up to a 2820 or even 2826. The Eagle should handle it fine.

The Eagle is 4 channel. Ailerons are attached by V-Cable. V-Tail is fully functional using the V-Tail Mix (50% elevator, 50% rudder)