Hovercraft from FT article plans

dacostasr

Not sure in this the right spot for this, if not feel free to move it. I saw this in a FT video. I have a bunch of electronic laying around so here it is... figured it would be a quick fun build. Still working on it. Here it is so far.

Attachments

• 8641D73A-7DD3-4742-9E22-68B87E5D134D.jpeg
    8641D73A-7DD3-4742-9E22-68B87E5D134D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • DC22DC3A-C950-4BD5-944C-229EAC3E3DFB.jpeg
    DC22DC3A-C950-4BD5-944C-229EAC3E3DFB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Maxx

Not sure in this the right spot for this, if not feel free to move it. I saw this in a FT video. I have a bunch of electronic laying around so here it is... figured it would be a quick fun build. Still working on it. Here it is so far.
That's awesome ! I'm thinking of making one for my C-pack ... What motors you have ? And welcome to the forum !

checkerboardflyer

Needed to create a checkerboard trim for an R/C hovercraft that I am building from Dollar Tree foam board. (DTFB) I drew the design in an app that I use called Comic Life. Comes in both Mac and Windows versions. It has a feature called Snap To Grid that is incredibly useful for making a bunch of shapes the same size and arranging them in a straight line. Perfect for a checkerboard. I made black and white squares, but you can use circles, triangles, pictures. And you can use colors also.

I applied the pattern to the hovercraft part with rubber cement. According to the instructions on the bottle for a permanent bond, apply the glue to both surfaces, then press together immediately. You are bound to get some rubber cement where it doesn’t belong. That’s where a rubber cement pickup comes in handy. Works great. More tips and resources for foam board R/C modelers on my blog: https://foamboardflyers.com

0-custom checkerboard 1024-2 - 1.jpeg 1-custom checkerboard 2-3-4 1024 - 2.jpeg 2-custom checkerboard 2-3-4 1024 - 1.jpeg 3-custom checkerboard 2-3-4 1024 - 3.jpeg 4-custom checkerboard group - 1.jpeg 5-custom checkerboard progress - 1.jpeg 6-custom checkerboard progress - 2.jpeg