Hovercraft idea

Hey good people of the internet.
I have been working on a RC ft hovercraft for about 2 years now. It is made out of foam board and other flight test products it only uses things that would come in a ft swappable kit. It is cheap easy to build and fun. It uses any brushless motor and a very small and cheap computer fan. I have also been working on cad plans if you are interested I would love to work on it with someone. I have been trying to get in contact with ft but have not been able to I have contacted them tho email socal ect. So if you are interested respond to this or email me at simonsaucy12@gmail.com.

And here are some pics of it

218129_f5cd29d583d001efe42dcab0f41cfe95.jpg

218131_9d3271bcd427863c3db96e00beedc3c2.jpg

218133_c36731d9b5536f0bfd3339ef8139dd57.jpg

218135_d1788090f2c06cf6446386067148aa8a.jpg

218137_0ba3db8043f5ed584335e3febfd93dec.jpg

Attachments
Hey good people of the internet.
I have been working on a RC ft hovercraft for about 2 years now. It is made out of foam board and other flight test products it only uses things that would come in a ft swappable kit. It is cheap easy to build and fun. It uses any brushless motor and a very small and cheap computer fan. I have also been working on cad plans if you are interested I would love to work on it with someone. I have been trying to get in contact with ft but have not been able to I have contacted them tho email socal ect. So if you are interested respond to this or email me at simonsaucy12@gmail.com.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Looks like a great project to me. What is you want to contact FT about? Just start a build thread, and throw up pics and video of what you're doing and any questions you have. Do it in the one of the top couple of subjects and you're sure to get plenty of interest. It's winter. A hovercraft is an awesome winter project! (y)

Tonero311

Ohhh...what a great project. Been thinking about this as a project for next winter with my son. He's only 5 and too young to put a plane in his hands yet. But a hovercraft would be ideal for him.
Will be keeping an eye on this one. You look like you've got the entire base sorted.

Are the lift fans just running right off the battery input with a 3s pack or is there some semblance of control over them?
So the fans can either run directly of of the battery or in this case in using brushed to brushless ESC and hooking them up to the resiver and mixing the channles in the controller. But you can also just hook them direct up to the battery

Looks like a great project to me. What is you want to contact FT about? Just start a build thread, and throw up pics and video of what you're doing and any questions you have. Do it in the one of the top couple of subjects and you're sure to get plenty of interest. It's winter. A hovercraft is an awesome winter project! (y)
Thanks I think I will do that!!!

Ohhh...what a great project. Been thinking about this as a project for next winter with my son. He's only 5 and too young to put a plane in his hands yet. But a hovercraft would be ideal for him.
Will be keeping an eye on this one. You look like you've got the entire base sorted.
Thanks you can be sure to see plans and updates and videos soon