How are you getting to Flite Fest?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Leaving on Wednesday afternoon. Driving ~10 hours straight through and hope to be there by midnight.

Jbezusko

I only have a 2 1/2 hour drive which I hope to start around 3am Thursday morning. I thought I better test fit the planes and camping gear in the back of my expedition last week and yep... Been there since. I just keep adding to the pile. If my wife finds out what I spent to sleep out for 3 nights I will be living in that tent when I get home. But so far There is 6 planes and a small apartment jammed in there. The skymule might need to miss the trip.

Jimmyp

Heading down from Ontario leaving around 6:30 Wednesday evening and stopping near Erie at a KOA. Should be at the field around lunch on Thursday. My friend and our wives and maybe the dog if we can't get a sitter in time.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Flying buddy Steve and I are planning to meet up here at my house early on Wednesday morning for a 6:30-ish departure. Plans are to stop at Dayton for two or three hours at the Air Force Museum, then continue on to Carrollton, and the Days Inn where we stayed last year. Then we hope to head for Furey Field on Thursday morning to lend a hand with setup.

See you all there!

Gryf

If you can, you may want to give yourself at least an hour or two more at the Air Force Museum then you plan on. Unless you have already been there. It is a massive place.. but worth your time...and its free!!!
-witt

Corbarrad

Arrived in Detroit now. Fresh out of immigrations.
Glad I didn't bring any rc stuff with me, it was bad enough as is.
Well, I knew what I was getting myself into...

Gryf

@wittpilot -

Agreed! I've been to the Museum several times over the years, and am familiar with how huge it is. I figured out our drive time, and it looks like we should be able to spend three or four hours there without getting to the motel too late. Still not enough time, but hey... Flite Fest!

;-)

Gryf

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Maybe I can hitch hike to get there, wouldn't have a place to sleep but don't need to right. We'll have that coffee there again and that mountain dew fountain Bixler was promising. Then if I really crash, I could just sleep under a build table...

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
@wittpilot -

Agreed! I've been to the Museum several times over the years, and am familiar with how huge it is. I figured out our drive time, and it looks like we should be able to spend three or four hours there without getting to the motel too late. Still not enough time, but hey... Flite Fest!

;-)

Gryf

Okay good! I just like giving folks a heads up who have never been there before, its massive! They have that Shuttle Simulator there now that they trained the astronauts in...I think it is frankly the absolute most disappointing thing there, and they wasted waaay too much money and space on it... You'll have to let me know if you agree!

-witt

Rob D

I wish everyone a safe trip to Flite Fest 2015. We are leaving at noon Wednesday for our 3 and half hour drive from Dayton OH. Taking the van my truck broke down unfortunately now im only bringing 1 or 2 planes sorta ruined my plans to bring 6 or more due to lack of space.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I wish everyone a safe trip to Flite Fest 2015. We are leaving at noon Wednesday for our 3 and half hour drive from Dayton OH. Taking the van my truck broke down unfortunately now im only bringing 1 or 2 planes sorta ruined my plans to bring 6 or more due to lack of space.

Medway is within spitting distance! Are you taking 70 to 71?

-witt

Rob D

Medway is within spitting distance! Are you taking 70 to 71?

-witt
I took 77 up it was kinda funny we were going to take 71 but my Google maps took us to other side of Columbus before it tried to tell us to exit to 71 but that exit came and went lol. Some how my it goofed up really bad never had that happen i seen the exit but figured it was taking us around some construction detour but nope it was just messed up. Buy 77 was nice drive was able to fly down 70 to 77.
Rob

Last edited:

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Bad weather last night kept me from getting the trailer fully loaded so I'll need another hour after work today to wrap that up. I expect I'll be arriving between 7-8PM this evening

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I took 77 up it was kinda funny we were going to take 71 but my Google maps took us to other side of Columbus before it tried to tell us to exit to 71 but that exit came and went lol. Some how my it goofed up really bad never had that happen i seen the exit but figured it was taking us around some construction detour but nope it was just messed up. Buy 77 was nice drive was able to fly down 70 to 77.
Rob

I have came home from FT HQ that way once. 77 was pretty scenic and traffic was very little. But that stretch on 70 between 77 and Columbus was a real pain in the rear!
-witt